Hi

Recently installed the 8200 all works fine, but I'm replacing a TopField that switched between two LBNs so I could view BVN on the D2 sat.  (So one cable coming down with the switcher close to the dish, worked great with the TopField)

Can you help me find out how to do this on the 8200 (if it can) I don't find the manual very helpful I can see the LBN setting but don't know which are appropriate)

I can see the D2 and when blind searching it shows a lot of assets but not in vertical mode, I also don't know how to bring up D2 after the search.

I'm aware that recording will be limited to one LBN at the time but would still like to be able to life view.

Views: 186

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe you need to turn the 22khz switch to ON in the LNB setup screen.


Thanks Paul

I think I tried that once but will try again tonight, keep you posted.

Cheers

C


Paul said:

I believe you need to turn the 22khz switch to ON in the LNB setup screen.

Hi Paul

Got it to work, only problem is once it's switched over to the other LNB (D2 Vertical). It refuses to switch back to the other LNB that runs the the standard freeview channels.

I have to connect modish up to the Topfield to do the switchback and then things come right.

But of course I lose the D2 link again. Do I need a different switch box?

Hi Chris

Try turning on DiSEqc & Tone burst and see if that makes any difference.



Chris Verburg said:

Hi Paul

Got it to work, only problem is once it's switched over to the other LNB (D2 Vertical). It refuses to switch back to the other LNB that runs the the standard freeview channels.

I have to connect modish up to the Topfield to do the switchback and then things come right.

But of course I lose the D2 link again. Do I need a different switch box?

Remember it is designed for Freeview with freeviews middleware as opposed to being a FTA receiver with no middleware , my thoughts would be that it won't be reliable on the non Freeview channels may get dumped when a Freeview update is applied , do let us know how you do , you maybe better off with a stand alone box on D2 (a FTA one)

Thanks Robert

Got it work and see both satellites but BVN is invisible in the programme selector on the 8200.

For now, I have looped in the 8200 via the old Topfield and that does work, just a lot of messy switching (not spouse friendly) 
As expected the 8200 freezes up when switching to the other LNB, but when recording at the same time the recording carries on (can't quite get my head around that)

For the future I might wan't a update for the TopField that can record D2 separately, any brands/models come to mind?


Robert Hepple said:

Remember it is designed for Freeview with freeviews middleware as opposed to being a FTA receiver with no middleware , my thoughts would be that it won't be reliable on the non Freeview channels may get dumped when a Freeview update is applied , do let us know how you do , you maybe better off with a stand alone box on D2 (a FTA one)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Connect With Us!

Latest Activity

Paul replied to david adamson's discussion Distorted image from Veon SAT101
"Hi David I have the Veon 101 connected to a 42 inch Samsung (Plasma )via hdmi  and don't…"
10 minutes ago
david adamson posted a discussion

Distorted image from Veon SAT101

Hi All.I have a Veon SAT101 receiver. I have noticed some picture distortions…See More
1 hour ago
Beth Emerre replied to Beth Emerre's discussion Lost all signal
"I've got Ultraplus 700hdmi"
yesterday
Beth Emerre posted a discussion

Lost all signal

I'm hoping someone can help...last Tuesday the area had two consecutive power cuts and since then…See More
yesterday
Patrick Mckibbin replied to Patrick Mckibbin's discussion New S7070rHD-XM does not get a signal - HELP
"Thanks Biggles and Josh Hill. Tried that and unfortunately did not work.  Looks like I am…"
yesterday
Biggles replied to Patrick Mckibbin's discussion New S7070rHD-XM does not get a signal - HELP
"Josh beat me to it. Needs to be changed to 10750/10750. Hopefully it will work then. I'm…"
yesterday
Josh Hill replied to Patrick Mckibbin's discussion New S7070rHD-XM does not get a signal - HELP
"Hi patrick,  Head back to the first menu in your first image and press the blue button, that…"
yesterday
Patrick Mckibbin replied to Patrick Mckibbin's discussion New S7070rHD-XM does not get a signal - HELP
"Thanks Biggles, Have uploaded two photos of the system trying to do its thing. Looks like the 11300…"
Wednesday

Upcoming Works

© 2017   Created by Bel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service