I have just moved to a new house and set up the Freeview receiver. When I go through the auto-select process in the left-hand pane it shows me the channels it is finding but when it is complete it says "No Signal."
Has anyone got any ides please?
Replies are closed for this discussion.
Could be a number of things causing this - so we have all the details, please do the following & post back if you haven't resolved this yet:
1. Please go to www.freeviewnz.tv/coverage.aspx and do a coverage check with the full street address of your new house - what is the output?
2. What is the antenna you've got connected to your receiver? Is it a UHF aerial or a satellite dish?
3. What receiver are you using? Please state brand & model - thanks.
Thanks for getting back.
1 It says coverage is very likely with both aerial and satellite.
2 There are both antennae. I've connected the TV to the aerial with a co-ax cable and we are receiving programmes. I'm not sure if it is Freeview or how to check. It's a newish TV - about 9 months old so probably has a Freeview receiver in it.
3 The receiver box connected to the satellite dish is a GEEOR (?) DS200.
Hi again Andrew,
Sorry I've let so much time lapse...it's been a busy few weeks.
Unfortunately the receiver you have is not Freeview-Approved, so there's no guarantee that it would/should work.
And I don't have any contact information for that particular brand which I can share with you - do you have any contact details for the distributor that you can refer your query to?
I would recommend:
1. Get a Freeview-Approved digital receiver;
2. Follow the instructions on the User Manual to tune in the device.
3. If you get the same error message, then you know it's to do with the aerial/connections - have a look at http://freeviewforum.co.nz/forum/topics/on-off-pixelation-across-al... for possible causes & contact an installer (installers do charge for their services but remember that once you get it set up correctly, you'll be able to enjoy free-viewing for years to come).