Hi,

I have a Freeview Homecast HT9200DTR that has started playing up. It switches itself off every now and then and restarts itself. Sometimes the screen goes blank and it has to be turned off at the wall and restarted but then it will still switch itself off and on. I have tried factory reset but it hasn't fixed the problem. My neighbour also has the HT9200DTR and has said they are having the same problem. Any ideas as to how this can be fixed? It has only been happening in the last month.

Cheers,

Nina

Views: 2230

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Same problem with my HT9200DTR also. This has happened before back in 2011 and was a problem with the epg data. No response from distributor (DTVS) and retailer (JB Hifi) will not replace as out of warranty. Pretty BAD for a freeview approved product.

Hi - I'm the same have left messages with DTVS and filled out a support form weeks ago. Also contacted JBHiFi and informed them of the issue. They agreed to contact DTVS as basically this is not a hw fault but they have given out an unstable firmware. No response yet. Suggest all effected call JB Hifi head office. Sorry lost number but called local store and they gave it to me. I suspect DTVS are stonewalling this problem. Pretty rubbish customer service and I am on a mission to let people know not to buy their products through this experience

Any one had success fixing this? Ours has started doing this in the last week, often but not exclusively during playback. DTVS have had good advice in the past so I had a
look there. Not sure that shipping the unit from Auckland to Wellington. Would be cost effective or safe (given some couriers are less than gentle). We use it daily so time would also be a factor.

It's getting pretty annoying, as it is screwing up what we are recording when it restarts.

Thanks for any advice.
Did anyone look into getting DTVS to fix theirs? Wondering how safe it is shipping the unit and how much if might cost. Considering getting a new machine instead.

Kelleigh have you tried a Factory Reset?  http://www.dtvs.co.nz/forum/index.php?topic=188.0

Hi, I have talked to their support and its a known problem with a component on the main board. Basically you may have noticed that channels 1,2,3 which are HD and require more processing make the system reeboot. The only solution is to have the component replaced. Estimated cost between $80 and $120. 

Hi Dominic, did they give any more info on what the component is?

Thanks

I understand its a regulator which would make sense as it will fall over when the processor is crunching HD. They wouldn't tell me which component though

Brad Coory said:

Hi Dominic, did they give any more info on what the component is?

Thanks

Bel said:

Kelleigh have you tried a Factory Reset?  http://www.dtvs.co.nz/forum/index.php?topic=188.0

Yep. Factory reset is always my first step even before googling. Thanks for the reply though.

Dominic Stow said:

Hi, I have talked to their support and its a known problem with a component on the main board. Basically you may have noticed that channels 1,2,3 which are HD and require more processing make the system reeboot. The only solution is to have the component replaced. Estimated cost between $80 and $120. 

Interesting, considering the age of it the repair cost would be a fair percentage of what it's worth. Add the cost (and risk) of sending the thing to Wellington might have to have a think bout whether it's worth it. Thanks for the info.

Should be fixed free of charge or replaced under the CGA as they've acknowledged a known problem and it's not fit fo the purpose.

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service