If you have the hills hsmx200 receiver then i am afraid it will not work with the new prime transponder update. I rang the hills help line after trying many times to update as per the instructions on this freeview site,and a recorded message informs owners of the hsmx200 that it cannot receive the new transponder frequency and you will need to purchase a new freeview receiver. The instructions on updating to new prime are absolutely pointless and are probably getting a lot of people very frustrated trying to update. Why they would give instructions here to upgrade it when it simply wont upgrade makes no sense at all . Why do that ? . So yeah, hsmx 200 is now a defunct receiver. No prime , 4+1, or edge for hsmx 200 owners.
So try and ring hills and hear the message firsthand, no joking , they say it will not work for prime anymore. So thanks Hills for wasting our time and getting hsmx 200 annoyed and frustrated, well done.

Views: 4090

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

So in that case it's no longer fit for purpose and should be replaced under the CGA?

I can't see any reason why it wouldnt work,

If it was previously working on 12706 H Prime and EDGE and TV+1 on the other transponders. The 1.23 Firmware docs says that version is for Tuning into non Freeview delivered channels.

I wonder if its a case of the receiver see the conditional access flag on the Channels in the 12519 H transponder and  thinking they are encrypted. I've seen receivers need to do a scan Encrypted rather than FTA only before they will load channels on Skys service.

I think Josh need to request an official technical explanation from Hills. Not some nonsense excuse that "it doesnt work any more buy a new one"

Hi Greg

Apologizes in the issues you have had with Hills, I have now updated the instructions for the HSMX 200 explaining  the call. I suggest taking the item back to the retailer and getting a replacement under the CGA . 

Josh

Hi josh , thank you for updating the instructions for the hsmx200, it was causing a great deal of confusion , frustration and conflicting advice. Unfortunately because i got my reciever as part of the free government installation at time of digital rollover i do not have a retailer to return it to . So not sure what i can do there. I think i might just have to go shopping to upgrade to a new reciever .

Many thanks to all who offered advice and were very patient trying to help me.

May your day be wonderful

Hi Greg

I see, I can tell you that some engineers are looking into trying some "hacks" so that the new frequencies work however at this time there might be a few available at low prices, Dish TV have some for $60 http://www.dishtv.co.nz/Refurbished-Products/91-satBox-S7070r-HDMI-... 

Greg blah blah said:

Hi josh , thank you for updating the instructions for the hsmx200, it was causing a great deal of confusion , frustration and conflicting advice. Unfortunately because i got my reciever as part of the free government installation at time of digital rollover i do not have a retailer to return it to . So not sure what i can do there. I think i might just have to go shopping to upgrade to a new reciever .

Many thanks to all who offered advice and were very patient trying to help me.

May your day be wonderful
Thanks Josh, really appreciate your help mate. I hope someone can come up with a hack for it. But i will probably upgrade to another receiver anyway. Thanks for the link to the reasonably priced refurbished products from dishtv , i will look at getting one of those.
Thanks again buddy and have an awesome day

Tested numerous times on a Hills HSMX-200 Satellite Receiver with latest firmware v1.23

Reset Factory Default

1. Press Menu

2. Use Right arrow key to select System

3. Use Down arrow key to select Set Default

4. Press Enter key

5. Enter 0000  Using number keys

6. Use Down arrow key to select Yes

7. Press Enter key

8. Select the closest Region (City Name) Using Right/Left arrow key

9. Use Down arrow key to select Start scanning

10. Press Enter key

If you want the *New* Prime /  Four Plus 1 / The Edge

1. Press Menu

2. Use Right arrow key to select Setup

3. Use Down arrow key to select Antenna Setup

4. Press Enter key

5. Enter 0000  Using number keys

6. Use Down arrow key to select Scan

7. Press Enter key

8. Use Down arrow key to select Scan method

9. Press Enter key and use Up arrow to select Full Scan

10. Press Enter key

11. Use Down arrow key to select Start scanning

12. Press Enter key

13. Window will appear asking "Delete all existing channels and recording schedule?

14. Use Down arrow key to select Yes

15. Press Enter key

The Hills HSMX-200  will start scanning and find the new channels.

Hi Greg,

Do you live in the Auckland area?  If so would you like to bring your receiver to me in Ellerslie so we can try tuning it here.

Regards

Graham

Hi Paul

Tried your instructions, same result , no prime 4+1 or edge.

Thanks anyway mate
Hi Graham

Everything i have tried , all advice i have been given has resulted in prime 4+1 and edge still being awol. I see it scan the new frequency, but the channels just dont appear. I get a lot of test 1 , 2,3,4,5 channels appear in the channel list as it is scanning , but no sign of prime etc . I would have thought "Hills" would have redesigned the software to run this new frequency, but apparently not . Cost perhaps, or just cant be bothered ? , I am not sure.

Yes i am near Auckland , but am heading to Wellington tonight for a few days.

That is a kind offer and appreciated

I would try a re-install of the firmware

As there is proof of others making it work, it could be the firmware on yours is corrupt and need re loading.

If all the goverment supplied units were having issues there would be a LOT more people than just you with the issue.

Have you also tried deleteing all channels before scanning?

Greg is your LNB a 10750 mhz   ?

(Most Sky Dishes are 10750 mhz) examples below

Mine is a 11300 mhz  , just tried the receiver on the neighbours dish with a 10750 mhz LNB , wouldn't find Prime etc after Reset & Blind Scan .

Retuned at my place with the 11300 LNB all working again , took back to neighbours and changed the LNB to 10750 without rescanning  all work fine now .

This is a really odd one , but can be done.

One other thing to try is unplug the receiver for awhile , then try again.

Greg blah blah said:

Hi Paul

Tried your instructions, same result , no prime 4+1 or edge.

Thanks anyway mate

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service