Hi all, after a bit of advice with tuning issues for a DishTV S7070 satellite receiver. Apologies for the longer post but want to make sure there is a decent amount of information available. 

Story is, this was installed and set up, been working for a couple of years with no major issues. I replaced the LNB a few years ago, the problem was that due to the wind, I would have to retune my dish every so often, this got more frequent recently due to the clamps used (quite rusted and couldn't tighten them properly). It got to the stage where I was doing it at least once a week on average. Signal strength and quality was always sitting around 79% to 83%

In an attempt to fix this, I have relocated the dish, so it is more protected from the wind. I did this by moving it closer to the ridge line, and inverting the mounting pole so the dish was hidden behind the house, away from the worst of the winds. The upshot to this is a clearer line of sight to the direction the dish needs to be aimed. So, using a satellite finder, I realigned the dish yesterday to the strongest signal I could find. The signal strength is sitting around 80%, quality has jumped up to 98% to 100%.

However, I cannot tune it in to receive all the channels. All channels on the 12456 frequency seem to be fine, I cannot receive anything on the 12483 frequency. I tried a factory reset and did a blind scan, no change. Manual tuning for the 12483 frequency does nothing. 

I'm going to try tweaking the dish later today, see if it is an alignment issue, the only thing that I have changed is the skew on the LNB, it is set to horizontal - but I believe both frequencies are broadcast on horizontal, so that shouldn't make a difference, should it? Is there a correct way up for the LNB?

I'm kind of lost as to how/what has happened, and I've obviously done something wrong, so any advice/ideas are most welcome.

Views: 5620

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

When you say ït is set to horizontal"do you mean the LNB or the polarity. Signal polarity is nothing to do with skew.

If LNB then that's wrong. Generally cable should exit about 8 o'clock.

Check setup here.

http://freeviewforum.co.nz/forum/topics/freeview-satellite-adjustin...

Hey Geordie 

Biggles is spot on, when you move the LNB Skew, this doesn't affect the Vertical and Horizontal polarity in fact you do not need to worry about this technically on the dish. 

Your Skew needs to be rotated so that the cable end is at roughly  8 o'clock position, ideally you will need to keep adjusting so you get the two transponders (TVNZ- TV One etc.. and Korida - TV3 etc..) adjusting the skew will do the trick just ensure someone can communicate with you from one end to test TV One and TV3 once you have good reception on those two channels at the same time then you can tighten the LNB and enjoy Freeview. 

Let us know if you need any further assistance in this,

Thanks
Dish TV Support

Thanks Biggles, you were spot on. Yes I was referring to the LNB being installed in a horizontal position, I aligned it as per the link you supplied. Did a factory reset, then a blind scan, now have all channels back - thanks heaps, you were right on the money!

Thanks guys, already sorted it based on Biggles' advice, he was dead right. Adjusted the skew, factory reset, blind scan - now have all the channels with better signal strength and nearly 100% quality at all times. Thanks for the response.

Brilliant, If you need any assistance in the future contact us or post another discussion on this forum. 

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service