I am having issues on TV 1 and tv2 where the picture freezes yet the sound continues. Not having the problem with other TV that has built in Freeview. Is the Freeview box faulty?

Views: 715

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's normal indication for fringe/weak signal reception and does not mean your box is faulty. Sounds like the signal strength is slightly down on the TVNZ Mux. The STB tuners are probably less sensitive than the TV's tuner. Check your signal strengths on both the STB and TV on all Mux and compare. You may need to improve your antenna/cabling system.

How have you connected the antenna to both sets? Using a splitter or feedthru on the STB?

Both TV and Box are connected through splitter now.  How do I check the signal strength?

It recently was only intermittent, now it is all the time

Check the manuals. Should be able to check under manual tuning.

Try removing the splitter and running the cable direct to TV and then direct to STB and compare. Other option is remove the splitter, plug antenna into box (rf in) then out of box (rf out) to TV. That's what I do with my Panasonic recorder.

Make sure your antenna is definitely UHF and in good condition. Same for the co-ax and also your splitter should be a high quality one with f connectors. Your problem will definitely be antenna/co-ax/splitter related.

Hi Jason

Pressing the Info button twice will show the signal indicator, as well as some other technical information.

Kind Regards
Dish TV Online Support

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service