2 channels just dropped out. Can I reset & how. Any help appreciated
Dave

Views: 457

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A little more info might help.

Which channels? What signal strength and quality do you have on channels that are working? Do you get a rain fade or no signal message? If it's just a few channels and signal strength is poor on the rest then most likely your LNB is failing.

Thanks Biggles, channel 2 & 4 gone. Blank screen only. Signal strength on all channels ( including 2&4 ) is 95%
Cheers
Dave

Unusual that they've disappeared with signal strength that high. However TVNZ channels are typically first to disappear when the LNB starts to fail. Another possibility is the skew angle may be slightly off and need adjusting and/or the dish has become slightly misaligned. If they return after the sun goes away it could also indicate LNB failing and suffering temperature drift in the oscillator. It's difficult to diagnose the problem without using some Professional Satellite finder gear up at the dish. However it couldn't hurt to try a factory reset and start from scratch and retune everything. If you do then make sure you take a note of all your settings first.

Thanks Biggles, I suspect my cat that sleeps on the unit may have caused problem by sleeping on the unit thus overheating.
I'll get sky Man in & let u know the outcome
Cheers
Dave

channels 2 and 4  missing would indicate that 2 is tvnz and 4 is mediaworks

more likely the strong box getting confused

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by