Hi There, new to this so sorry for the following.

We have a DishTV S7090PVR unit which is displaying "Media initializing in progress please try after some time" when we are trying to access library (through LIB button), thumbnails and record booked list and shows as "intializing" in the media information. It has been showing this message for about 2 days. I have downloaded and installed the newest firmware with no success. I have unplugged and restarted it several times. We can still get all TV channels but not the HD. I haven't done a factory reset as I was trying to save the recorded programs. Is there anything else I can try before I have to resort to a factory reset? Under media information will the option of "format" also wipe all saved recordings? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Views: 4879

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Format will definitely wipe all recordings but as far as I'm aware Factory Reset should not wipe the HDD.

Thanks for that I must have read it somewhere while searching for a resolution. Do you think a factory reset will resolve my problem or has the HD gone belly up permanently?

Hard to say til you try it. Formatting may solve it too but you'll lose all recordings. You should be able to transfer recordings to a PC though via your network before you try.

Sorry a bit dumb here - how would I transfer programs to my PC? I have tried accessing the transfer files section of the media manager, thinking I could drop them onto a stick but still comes up with the initializing message and to try later.

Would I hook up up like an external HD to my computer via a USB cable?

Well using my PC I can transfer files from my Panasonic Recorder by just locating the recorder on my network (in File Explorer in Windows 8.1) navigating the Recorder's Folders to the recorded files and copying them to the PC HDD. Basically no different to transferring files between HDD and USB sticks etc or another computer on the Network. It has to be done from the PC end as it's not possible to tell the Recorder to transfer them.

Hi Avelina

You can transfer most or all of your recordings to a Hard drive via the File Transfer in the Menu, you can then restore them back to the hard drive after giving the unit a factory reset.

Im running windows 7, tried to connect PVR via USB cable (no luck) and ethernet  - found device but couldn't "open" it to get to folders - any other thoughts?

Have put in a USB stick and gone to file transfer - get message "Transfer device not available". HD is listed as initialising in the Media information. Any other suggestions? Every time I try to access the record booked list, library, thumbnails it comes up with "Media initializing in progress please try after some time", its been doing this for 3 - 4 days. Any other suggestions?

I had same problem with Windows 7 and had to install a server program to be able to locate and transfer files. Win 8.1 is somewhat different and sees the recorder on the network as just another HDD and will transfer files both ways.

If you already have the latest firmware then your next option is to do a factory reset.This shouldn't wipe the internal hard drive.

If that doesn't work then you will have to format the drive which will remove all existing content on the internal drive.

If the hard drive still wont initialize after formatting then the drive may be faulty or has loose connection.

The only other option you have is to remove the hard drive and try to repair it by connecting it to a Computer.

Note this would void your warranty.

Did you ever resolve this? My unit is doing the exact same thing; I can't even format it as the same message comes up.  "Media initializing in progress please try after some time" then "format cancelled/stopped"

Hi Rhys,

Unfortunately no luck - tried factory reset but that didn't resolve the problem. I have the latest firmware so that hasn't worked and then decided to try and format it but has the same issue as you that it wouldn't even format the HD because it was still initialising. I am going to ring the local techs and see if they have any tricks up their sleeves but if not then I'll need to think about a replacement. Not sure if we should go freeview plus or stick with basis freeview. If the techs have a magic fix I'll let you know.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service