I too have been frustrated by the FreeViewPlus update on Monday.  Today I turned on the TV, and the screen said "Not Programmed". No channels existed, and I'd lost the list of programs set to record.

I also would like the option of hiding the pop up guide that shows up after everything you seem to do. I'd like to call it up ONLY when I want it. 

This is on a brand new LG Smart TV 2015 (55") 55UF770V  (One month old)

Views: 872

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good Morning Ken

We understand the frustration the new update has caused to some users, we are well aware on the feedback received and appreciate it as it helps us with future development, I do ask you keep to the dedicated Freeview Plus update here: http://freeviewforum.co.nz/forum/topics/freeviewplus-updates?xg_sou... 

That is odd that your channels were lost with the FreeviewPlus update, that shouldn't have happened. Have you tried retuning the TV to see if the channels come back?

Kind Regards
Joshua

Hi Joshua,

Yes I tried everything. Switching inputs many times, turning the TV off at the wall for a full reboot. Entering from different menu points that you'd normally get channel visibility. 

The TV showed on the front screen "NOT PROGRAMMED", as soon as you went to Live TV or turned on from scratch.

BTW... I thought I was adding this to the bottom of the 'Freeview Plus' update page. I thought the + was to add a reply. I couldn't see any other way to add. I'll have another look. 

Thanks.

Hi Ken, 

The mini guide that pops up at the bottom of the screen has been turned off now (some TVs will update overnight).

On the 'NOT PROGRAMMED' message:

That's an odd one.  Not something that's been reported.  Do a retune of your TV (see general guide here http://freeviewforum.co.nz/page/retune or check your LG Manual).

If still no joy, best to get in touch with LG Support - they're device experts and can suggest more troubleshooting tips.

Thanks. I have now re-tuned in all the channels. And all is happy. 

I look forward to the update overnight.

Regards Ken

Thanks for that Ken

Cheers for getting in touch!

Joshua

Great. That's now happened. What a relief.

Now if you could just stop that Freeview Plus pop-out on the left hand side of the screen that shows up every single time you change a channel. So if you're skipping through the channels, it pops out for every single channel you select. Is that controlled by your software too?

I love Freeview Plus, but shouldn't it be controlled by me, or at least give me the option to turn off some of these things that we don't need.  Can I turn that Freeview Plus pop-out off, now that I know the button to use. Surely you don't think we need to be told every single time what the button/colour is to use to bring up the menu.

Thanks again for Freeview Plus. It's a great service. 

Awesome to hear you love FreeviewPlus Ken :) the guys at Freeview are actually looking at making it better through some work in 2016.  Are you interested in being a part of a small Delta group that helps with this?  

Ken, we seem to have a duplicate discussion going on.  I've expressed the same concerns here:

http://freeviewforum.co.nz/forum/topics/freeviewplus-updates?xg_sou...

Hopefully consideration will be given to this issue as it is indeed quite annoying. 

Yes, I'd be keen to be a part of that Delta group. Just let me know what's needed and when. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service