Hi, just installed new T2100 box on existing TV.

Using Wifi connection (seems to be working), however when pressing EPG it gives you the holding prompt but doesn't convert to the guide, what is the problem?

I must add that the TV has a WiFi Dongle, and the T2100 has Wifi, would this be part of the problem?

Thanks Harry.

Views: 1055

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Probably a stupid question but have you connected a UHF antenna as well as logged on to your WiFi router?

UHF Antenna cable connected to T2100, HDMI connected from box to TV. Is my problem due to not having a cable from the box 'out' socket to the TV antenna socket?

Also now have Wifi issue where not connecting to router in another room. If I can get wifi with my phone in the same room  as the tv , shouldn't the Set top box be able to pick it up also?

Lastly, i never got screen freeze when the Freeview went through the TV, now I have a box it is freezing for a while then settles down, is this a issue i can fix by ajusting the ariel direction?

thanks

You only need to connect antenna out to the TV if you want to watch Freeview via the TV as well e.g. watch one channel on the TV while recording another on the T2100.

If your phone and TV both connect to WiFi OK then so should the STB.

Picture freeze usually indicates low of marginal signal which is almost always an antenna/cabling problem.

Thanks

Biggles, that helps alot, I guess the biggest issue still unresolved is around the WiFi connection. I don't seem to be able to connect the Box to Wifi .When I go into settings and select WiFi it shows WiFi ticked also stating Dongle 'connected' but network'disconnected'. At this point i take the LG dongle out of the back of the TV and a screen apprears that shows the different Wifi network names i have created which are all in the 'locked' position. When I try and select using remote it does nothing (no response to any button)and so I can't try and select a name and try unlocking for connection. I give up trying to connect at this point as i have come to a dead end.

Do I need to reset the box to sort this out ? so that the box can scrap my network names and start searching again? if so, how do you reset?

thanks.

Shouldn't need to reset. According to the manual just select Wireless, scan for networks, select yours then enter password and it should connect. Perhaps rebooting your Wireless Modem/Router may help? Having a dongle on the TV shouldn't have any effect. The Network name is created in your WiFi modem and that's the one you need to select. You could get things working temporarily using a long network cable to connect between modem and STB. I actually wired 2 cables under the floor between my modem (in the Office) and TV center (Lounge) as hard wiring provides much faster data transfer for streaming from the internet. So my TV and Media Player are hard wired to my network and only my Panasonic Recorder uses WiFi.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service