DishTV S7010PVR freezes 2TB USB 3.0-2.0 Extrenal HDD + Power supply

hiya guys

I finally got to use my DishTV S7010PVR over satellite, I used both firmware patches available on DishTV support page, everything works nicely

I purchased a 2TB USB Powered Seagate to record on, however after 4-5 minutes of detecting it freezes the DishTV S7010PVR

I have tried smaller USB Stick of 32GB instead and it works fine

I have partitioned the HDD into 1TB size, two partitions one primary the other local fat32

can any one point me in the right direction?

also can USB sticks suffer burn out from constant use? I record quite alot every day

Thanks,
Gordon

Views: 2312

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

What program did you use to format the external drive to Fat32 ?

hiya, i used a program called MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition

I also got the freeview box to format it again

I have the exactly same DishTV S7010PVR , it seems to work fine with flash drives  , you may want to contact DishTV support to see if External hard-drives over 1.5TB etc are supported.

The downside of the DishTV S7010PVR is that you cant record and watch pre-recorded content at the same time.

The DishTV S7070r allows you to record and watch pre-recorded content at the same time.

thanks, i have a 32GB stick in there atm that's going fine, just when i connect the hdd it totally freezes the freeview box and picture on the screen

do you know if USB sticks can burn out after constant use?

cheers

I've been using the same 16GB  for the last 9 months with no problems, they do have a limited read /writes but it will take along time to wear it out.

This might help explain here.

Ok thanks mate

You will get about 16 + hours of recording time on a 32GB flash drive.

I think you'll find that Dish TV recommend using an externally powered HDD to work properly. Saw that on another forum yesterday. I don't think the USB powered HDDs work well as the UPVR probably can't supply enough current via USB for the HDD to function adequately hence it freezes occasionally.

He states in the thread title that its externally powered.

DishTV S7010PVR freezes 2TB USB 3.0-2.0 Extrenal HDD + Power supply

Biggles said:

I think you'll find that Dish TV recommend using an externally powered HDD to work properly. Saw that on another forum yesterday. I don't think the USB powered HDDs work well as the UPVR probably can't supply enough current via USB for the HDD to function adequately hence it freezes occasionally.

The harddrive I bought this one because its got its own power supply, I made sure that it was powered by the wall

but am baffled as to why its locking up my free view box, I tried 1tb partitions fat32 format still freezes

Yes but the main body of text contradicts.

I purchased a 2TB USB Powered Seagate to record on, however after 4-5 minutes of detecting it freezes the DishTV S7010PVR

He has now clarified that he is indeed using external power.

Anyway I see that the other forum also answered him so the freezing is strange if everything is setup correctly. Maybe it just doesn't like Seagate Drives?

Paul said:

He states in the thread title that its externally powered.

Have you tried formatting as a single partition rather then dividing into 2 , the dishtv may not work well with 2 partitions.

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service