Can anyone help get me pass the password in these boxes?

I can't scan for the new Prime frequencies until I get pass an unknown password.

I have spoken to Dish TV but they can't help.

Cheers Dave

Views: 600

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you tried 6666

Read the Manual

2.2.3 Password
Set password for menu lock or channel lock or censorship lock. And the user can
change password here, the default PIN Code is 6666.

In the installation menu, a password is required to access the password section of the menu, so you can't change it when you are locked out!

Paul said:

Have you tried 6666 Yes, several times

Hmmm. Somebody must have changed the PIN then and not noted it down anywhere or forgotten it.

You may have do a Factory Reset and/or re-install the FW so the box thinks it's a new setup. Hopefully that would restore the original default 6666.

Yes it does an unknown pin number. The factory reset is in the install menu which is protected by the unknown pin no.

Some boxes can get around the password by turning the box off, putting a USB stick with the boxes software on it,  in the socket and holding down one of the buttons on the front then turning the power on.

These boxes have no buttons on the front and putting the USB stick in and turning it on doesn't have the desired result Cheers Dave

we had ours installed by a technician from Moeraki and the password he used was 2580 - worked for me and I have one of the box sets mentioned - cheers  Laraine

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service