There are two ways to update your S7090pvr: with a Firmware Update or through a Manual Update.
Before you begin, please make a note of the top programmes you've set to record because you'll need to re-book your series link recordings after the update.
DISH TV will be releasing a firmware update v 1.70 which will be broadcast over the air to each S7090pvr. Once installed, this firmware update will enable the S7090pvr to automatically tune to the new feeds.
You can also download the firmware update here onto a USB drive and install it any time.
Once downloaded, unzip the file and follow the instructions PDF to complete the USB firmware update.
The following instructions are supplied by the manufacturer and extracted from the Dish TV website.
With channels being transmitted on a new Sky transponder, the S7090pvr may need an update to tune to the new transponder.
1. Press the menu button on the remote to bring up the main menu
2. Select Installation and Press Ok
3. Select Factory Default and Press Ok
4. Enter the pin code for the receiver (The default is 0000)
5. Select Yes and press OK
After the factory reset process has completed you will be prompted to select your region and press ok.
Once the scan process has completed you should have access to all channels again. In some cases this process will not correctly add PRIME, BRAVO plus 1 & THE EDGE TV, you will need to then manually enter the Transponder details for PRIME, BRAVO plus 1 & THE EDGE TV.
The steps to do this are as follows
1. Press the Menu button to bring up the main menu
2. Select Installation and press OK
3. Select Tuning Wizard and press OK
4. Enter the PIN code for the unit (the default is 0000)
5. Select Satellite Scan and press OK
6. Press the left arrow to access the carrier list
7. Press the Yellow button to access the Setup menu
8. Select Add Carrier and press OK
9. Enter 12519 for the Frequency
10. Select Symbol rate and enter 22500
11. Check that Polarity is set to Horizontal
12. Check that network scan is set to Off
13. Press OK to start the Scan process
The scan process will take approximately 1 minute to complete.
Once the scan process is completed you will be returned to the Satellite Scan menu.
Press Exit to return to watching normal TV.
Add a Comment