I installed Freeview about 6 weeks ago, with a 2-channel Dish TV box.  In recording series on Prime (eg Madam Secretary, Late Show), I get about a 50% "Failed" rate.  This is quite frustrating, and it does seem to be only Prime.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Views: 177

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry, clarification, it also occurs on TVNZ 1 (4 of 6 fails on one programme).

Hi Bruce

What external media are you using to record to . i.e external hard-drive or usb flash drive .

If the S8100  are anything like the S7070r finding a USB Flash/Thumb drive that works reliably is extremely difficult , of the many flash drives i have only one will work reliable

Hi Paul,

I have an S8200 box which has a 1TB drive on which I record.

Cheers, Bruce 

Paul said:

Hi Bruce

What external media are you using to record to . i.e external hard-drive or usb flash drive .

If the S8100  are anything like the S7070r finding a USB Flash/Thumb drive that works reliably is extremely difficult , of the many flash drives i have only one will work reliable

Hi Bruce ,

The S8200 has inbuilt 1TB drive (profile says you have 8100) if you are having recording failures , then your signal quality/strength is possibly low , do you get glitches while watching live tv ?

Bruce Anderson said:

Hi Paul,

I have an S8200 box which has a 1TB drive on which I record.

Cheers, Bruce 

Paul said:

Hi Bruce

Hi Paul,

I'm not aware of any glitches we get watching live TV, but we don't actually watch a lot live.  Should I watch some evening TV over the next week or so to see if basic reception is my problem.

PS - have updated my profile (which was set up when I planned to use an S8100).  

PPS we didn't have this problem when recording Sky (often multi-channel) before reverting to Freeview.

Paul said:

Hi Bruce ,

The S8200 has inbuilt 1TB drive (profile says you have 8100) if you are having recording failures , then your signal quality/strength is possibly low , do you get glitches while watching live tv ?

Hi Bruce

Check your signal quality and signal strength if they are low this maybe your problem.

You may have a faulty or failing hard-drive on your 8200 unlikely but possible , i suggest you contact Dishtv and explain the issue you are having.

You have stated that you didn't have this problem with sky recorder , logic would indicate that the problem is with the 8200 , just my opinion :)

Bruce Anderson said:

Hi Paul,

I'm not aware of any glitches we get watching live TV, but we don't actually watch a lot live.  Should I watch some evening TV over the next week or so to see if basic reception is my problem.

PS - have updated my profile (which was set up when I planned to use an S8100).  

PPS we didn't have this problem when recording Sky (often multi-channel) before reverting to Freeview.

Paul said:

Hi Bruce ,

Thanks Paul, I'll do that.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Linda Taiapa posted a discussion

On Demand Log On

Since yesterday every time I try to watch On Demand after watching live TV, I have to sign in! It…See More
3 hours ago
Graham Syder replied to Graham Syder's discussion is there UHF in Puponga?
"Excellent feedback guys, I'm off over there for the weekend. I don't have a mast to…"
yesterday
Satellite Networks Motueka replied to Graham Syder's discussion is there UHF in Puponga?
"Willis is right and you dont need a high gain antennae.The coverage map is so flawed. There is no…"
yesterday
Biggles replied to Graham Syder's discussion is there UHF in Puponga?
"Well it does according to it's coverage map. East side of Arapawa Is shows good reception…"
Wednesday

Connect With Us!

© 2018   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service