If you have the hills hsmx200 receiver then i am afraid it will not work with the new prime transponder update. I rang the hills help line after trying many times to update as per the instructions on this freeview site,and a recorded message informs owners of the hsmx200 that it cannot receive the new transponder frequency and you will need to purchase a new freeview receiver. The instructions on updating to new prime are absolutely pointless and are probably getting a lot of people very frustrated trying to update. Why they would give instructions here to upgrade it when it simply wont upgrade makes no sense at all . Why do that ? . So yeah, hsmx 200 is now a defunct receiver. No prime , 4+1, or edge for hsmx 200 owners.
So try and ring hills and hear the message firsthand, no joking , they say it will not work for prime anymore. So thanks Hills for wasting our time and getting hsmx 200 annoyed and frustrated, well done.

Views: 4090

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Well paul , that sentance just proves to me how exceptionaly helpful you have been , obviously going out of your way to help people in need of some help. I am sure your elderly neighbours are also very grateful for your help. That is a fine thing to do sir, and i have great respect for that.

Hills have dropped the ball badly on this issue, seeming to give up without really even attempting to find a way to solve it.
I am certainly glad i didnt take their awful advice and buy a new reciever, especially when there is nothing wrong with this reciever.

I hope Hills are monitoring this conversation and others on here , they could learn a few things from the very helpful people such as yourself.

Hills need to change the message , happy to of helped .

I've been trying to get 12519 to be scanned on one of these boxes but no luck.( LNB 11300)

The stupid thing is that in the one part of the menu that you can add a transponder frequency of 12519 you are unable to scan it. When you go via the manual scan to scan what have entered ie 12519 it is not available to be scan in the list of transponders. Go figure

Today I did see what looked like software upgrade for these boxes when scanning a satbox so lets wait and see

Did you use these instructions ?

Should work with a 11300 LNB

Tested numerous times on a Hills HSMX-200 Satellite Receiver with latest firmware v1.23

Reset Factory Default

1. Press Menu

2. Use Right arrow key to select System

3. Use Down arrow key to select Set Default

4. Press Enter key

5. Enter 0000  Using number keys

6. Use Down arrow key to select Yes

7. Press Enter key

8. Select the closest Region (City Name) Using Right/Left arrow key

9. Use Down arrow key to select Start scanning

10. Press Enter key

If you want the *New* Prime /  Four Plus 1 / The Edge

1. Press Menu

2. Use Right arrow key to select Setup

3. Use Down arrow key to select Antenna Setup

4. Press Enter key

5. Enter 0000  Using number keys

6. Use Down arrow key to select Scan

7. Press Enter key

8. Use Down arrow key to select Scan method

9. Press Enter key and use Up arrow to select Full Scan

10. Press Enter key

11. Use Down arrow key to select Start scanning

12. Press Enter key

13. Window will appear asking "Delete all existing channels and recording schedule?

14. Use Down arrow key to select Yes

15. Press Enter key

The Hills HSMX-200  will start scanning and find the new channels.

David Kenneth Brown said:

I've been trying to get 12519 to be scanned on one of these boxes but no luck.( LNB 11300)

The stupid thing is that in the one part of the menu that you can add a transponder frequency of 12519 you are unable to scan it. When you go via the manual scan to scan what have entered ie 12519 it is not available to be scan in the list of transponders. Go figure

Today I did see what looked like software upgrade for these boxes when scanning a satbox so lets wait and see

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service