If you have the hills hsmx200 receiver then i am afraid it will not work with the new prime transponder update. I rang the hills help line after trying many times to update as per the instructions on this freeview site,and a recorded message informs owners of the hsmx200 that it cannot receive the new transponder frequency and you will need to purchase a new freeview receiver. The instructions on updating to new prime are absolutely pointless and are probably getting a lot of people very frustrated trying to update. Why they would give instructions here to upgrade it when it simply wont upgrade makes no sense at all . Why do that ? . So yeah, hsmx 200 is now a defunct receiver. No prime , 4+1, or edge for hsmx 200 owners.
So try and ring hills and hear the message firsthand, no joking , they say it will not work for prime anymore. So thanks Hills for wasting our time and getting hsmx 200 annoyed and frustrated, well done.

Views: 4090

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Greg,

I have just tried the following (which is pretty much the same as Paul's instructions I think) about half a dozen times and it worked ok for me each time.   My LNB is 11300.   Unfortunately I no longer have a second 10750 feed in my new workshop to try that as well.

HSMX200

1.       Press Menu button on remote, cursor right to System, cursor down to Information and press Enter.  Press Exit after confirming that your Current SW Version is v1.23.    This procedure has only been tried with SW version 1.23.

2.       Press Menu button on remote, cursor right to System, cursor down to Set Default  and press Enter

3.       Enter password 0000, cursor down to select Yes and press Enter

4.       After receiver restarts, select your locality, cursor down to Start scanning  and press Enter

5.       Once the regular Freeview channels have finished being collected, press Menu, cursor across to Setup, cursor down to Antenna Setup, press Enter and then key in the password 0000.

6.       Cursor down to Scan, press Enter, cursor down to Scan method, cursor right to change Auto to Full Scan

7.       Cursor down to Start scanning and press Enter.

8.       Cursor down to select Yes and press Enter.

If you still have no joy the offer still stands, if you want to bring your receiver here to me in Ellerslie to tune.

(I will add a separate reply relating to LNB issues, with another suggestion)

Regards

Graham

Paul
Yes it is 10750 LNB. Also already tried unplugging for awhile , same result.
Sigh
Graham
Yes already tried all those steps , no joy.
LNB 10750
V1.23 reinstalled
Still nothing
I am losing the will to live , lol

If you have the 10750 LNB shown in a previous message it is a well known problem with these that they go off frequency with age and that may be what is causing the problem. After compiling instructions for adding these channels on another brand receiver some years ago, I had a small number of calls from receiver owners who couldn't get the procedure to work. After much trial and error I added instructions to allow for an LNB having drifted off frequency and the support calls all but disappeared.

To adjust the LNB frequency, assuming that the revised instructions in my last message weren't successful the following may help if LNB drift is the problem (I can't try this out as I no longer have a 10750 LNB feed)

After the inital scan and tune in of the regular Freeview Channels:

Press Menu, cursor across to Setup, cursor down to Antenna Setup

Enter the password 0000

Cursor down to Tuner configuration and press Enter

Check the signal quality and signal level bars.    Cursor down to LNB local-freq,  over-type 10750 with 10755 and press Enter

Have another look at the signal quality bar (and signal level).  Are they the same, better or worse?   If worse try 10745 instead (sorry I can't remember which way these LNBs usually drift).

Press Exit once you have the setting which gives the best bars (I have had a couple of LNbs where I have had to go more than 5 away from the original frequency).

Now continue with the rest of the procedure

Press Menu, cursor across to Setup, cursor down to Antenna Setup, press Enter and then key in the password 0000.

Cursor down to Scan, press Enter, cursor down to Scan method, cursor right to change Auto to Full Scan

Cursor down to Start scanning and press Enter.

Cursor down to select Yes and press Enter.

Graham
I drifted the LNB to 10755 but signal was same , 10745 lost signal, did scan on 10755 to see if helped , nope still same .
My signal on 10750 is maxed out on both level and quality, same on 10755. 10760 loses signal
I have plane to catch now so it will have to wait until i am back in a few days .
Thanks all of you guys for all of your efforts, i really do appreciate your time and helpfulness.

I'm having the same results as Greg . . . followed the instructions to the letter but Prime, 4+1 and The Edge have been dropped.  I'll check back next week to see if it's all been worked out but I'm not holding my breath.  I haven't had this unit long so it's very annoying to say the least.

Could you  let us know the LNB setting on your unit.

Check your LNB Settings

The forum suspects that the Hills HSMX 200 does not correctly update on LNB 10750 but we need your help to confirm this.

Please check your LNB and add a comment to let us know what your LNB setting is.

To check:

Press Menu, cursor across to Setup, cursor down to Antenna Setup

Enter the password 0000

Cursor down to Tuner configuration and press Enter

Check the signal quality and signal level bars - these should both indicate 75% or higher.

In LNB Local-freq, you should see 10750 or 11300.  Please add a comment below and detail in your comment what numbers show up in your HSMX 200.

Press EXIT to return to normal viewing.

A technical about LNB Local Oscillator Frequency

During the normal scanning procedure, the receiver has automatically detected that this is the local oscillator frequency of the LNB.

Whatever LNB frequency is indicated in your LNC Local-freq field is the correct one for your installation and should not be altered without advice from someone who understands the down-converting principles.  I.e. a change from 10750 to 11300 would just lose all channels, but a slight change of +/- 5 may help correct for an aging LNB, if that is the problem.

WW said:

I'm having the same results as Greg . . . followed the instructions to the letter but Prime, 4+1 and The Edge have been dropped.  I'll check back next week to see if it's all been worked out but I'm not holding my breath.  I haven't had this unit long so it's very annoying to say the least.

Yes it's 10750 . . . I tried changing it manually to 10755 but no joy with that either.

Thank you for the confirmation it seems that those with 10750 MHZ LNB cant tune in the new frequency .

Dont give up yet we may find a work around :)

WW said:

Yes it's 10750 . . . I tried changing it manually to 10755 but no joy with that either.

Thanks . . . I appreciate that.  There must be a lot of us who have these units, most of whom have yet to even attempt to tune them. 

I wonder if there is some difference in the OTA firmware compared to the firmware they have online for it? Perhaps there was a revision 1.23a or b or c etc

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service