Hi There, new to this so sorry for the following.

We have a DishTV S7090PVR unit which is displaying "Media initializing in progress please try after some time" when we are trying to access library (through LIB button), thumbnails and record booked list and shows as "intializing" in the media information. It has been showing this message for about 2 days. I have downloaded and installed the newest firmware with no success. I have unplugged and restarted it several times. We can still get all TV channels but not the HD. I haven't done a factory reset as I was trying to save the recorded programs. Is there anything else I can try before I have to resort to a factory reset? Under media information will the option of "format" also wipe all saved recordings? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Views: 4879

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Rhys,

Spoke to our local tech guy for sat boxes etc and he said that it sounds like the HD has given up, he couldn't suggest a fix except to replace the HD. He also commented that freeview plus wasn't as stable as it could be (which changed our minds about going to freeview plus at the mo) and as we are still getting the TV channels on the unit we are going to wait for a bit to replace it with something else. He did say that replacing the HD would probably cost less than a whole new unit.

Those units should be usable for at least 5 years. You would be entitled to send it back for replacement. The hd if faulty should be covered by warrenty as well

I agree. Take it back to where you bought it and demand repair or replacement under the CGA.

we've had it for about 4 years so it sounds (from nzdtv - see above) like thats about the life of the unit so don't think we will be covered by any warranty. I'd like to think that technology lasts for much longer but that no longer seems the case and in a lot of cases its cheaper to buy a new one than repair what you have. A sad reflection of our modern day throw away society. Still have my old stereo from the 1980's and still going strong! Power to the music!

Although the CGA ensures customer security, seeing as the unit is 4 years old it is beyond helpful. Although the software of your unit is working fine, just replacing your hard drive will bring back life to your MyFreeview unit, I may be able to help, please add me as a friend and then send me a private message and I will be able to help you with this.

Kind Regards, Joshua

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service