We usually have several programmes set up to record week after week without any problems and that has been great. However, since last week (after daylight saving) we have programmes NOT recording accurately as the timing is all over the show. This has affected TV1, TV2 and Choice. When we check why things haven't recorded it appears as though the programme is scheduled to record at all sorts of weird times. In all other ways the programmes are fine and the recorder is fine. 
We are using a Panasonic Freeview DVD recorder. Last time something like this happened and TV3 News was set up but wouldn't record we were told it was the recorder but it was resolved by Freeview. Any thoughts as to when this problem will be resolved so we can have harmony in our home again? Thanks

Views: 6432

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi all - thanks for posting!

I understand Freeview has been & still is supporting Panasonic solve this, most likely the cause is to do with how certain models are interpretting the data, which - with the exception of one other recorder model (that is no longer being manufactured) - is working fine for all other models.

Wicked notes by the way James... and thanks all for sharing Panasonic's temporary work-around of using the 'Manual Timer Recording'!

Has the internal clock in the Panasonic updated to the correct time from the Network ?

I noticed one of my Satellite  Freeview receivers had not done so  but the Pixel Magic HD recorder had done so . 

S

Clock has been checked and appears with correct time.

Steve J said:

Has the internal clock in the Panasonic updated to the correct time from the Network ?

I noticed one of my Satellite  Freeview receivers had not done so  but the Pixel Magic HD recorder had done so . 

S

Can't see how it would be the clock as it is only effecting TV1 & TV2. Checked mine this morning and it had altered Neighbours to record at around 1am

derriaghy said:

Clock has been checked and appears with correct time.

Steve J said:

S

Hi, just to add another family having these same issues. I was just very happy to find I was not the only one in the same boat! The final straw for us was missing the second episode of The Voice Australia the other night. Very disappointed! I have a Panasonic DMR-XW390. I will try the manual recording for now for recordings on TV1 and TV2 and see how that goes.

Hope there is a fix for this EPG issue sometime soon. At the end of the day both parties share the same customers (us) and so it is both their interests for a solution to be found, surely. Where ever the fault lies - just please find us a solution. Please.

Mark, Ioana and Claudia

You may be interested in this

Panasonic New Zealand

April 24

Morning everyone,

For those experiencing problems with digital recorders following the Freeview daylight savings change: Freeview have been working closely with us and our factory engineers on finding a solution. We were advised by the Freeview team that they are very close to finding a solution - we will update you as soon as that's ready. We apologise for any inconvenience - Thank you for your patience.

Mark Easton said:

Hi, just to add another family having these same issues. I was just very happy to find I was not the only one in the same boat! The final straw for us was missing the second episode of The Voice Australia the other night. Very disappointed! I have a Panasonic DMR-XW390. I will try the manual recording for now for recordings on TV1 and TV2 and see how that goes.

Hope there is a fix for this EPG issue sometime soon. At the end of the day both parties share the same customers (us) and so it is both their interests for a solution to be found, surely. Where ever the fault lies - just please find us a solution. Please.

Mark, Ioana and Claudia

Fantastic. It is great to have some clarity on the issue and to know there is a solution being worked at. Until I found this forum I was considering going out and buying another freeview recorder. So very pleased. Thanks James very much for keeping us informed.

James Marsh said:

You may be interested in this

Panasonic New Zealand

April 24

Morning everyone,

For those experiencing problems with digital recorders following the Freeview daylight savings change: Freeview have been working closely with us and our factory engineers on finding a solution. We were advised by the Freeview team that they are very close to finding a solution - we will update you as soon as that's ready. We apologise for any inconvenience - Thank you for your patience.

Mark Easton said:

Mark, Ioana and Claudia

Just rang Panasonic about this problem,before I found this forum.Good to see they are doing their best to resolve it

Kudos to Panasonic for working with Freeview to get them to fix their problem.

Two questions:
1. Has anyone had any problem with any brand other than Panasonic?
2. In my experience, it's only ever failed when using series link. On all occasions when I navigate the EPG and select a program with the red button, it has worked correctly. It seems to be once that first recording has been made, when the Panasonic tries to schedule the next episode of the same program automatically that it all goes to custard. Does anyone disagree?
If the answers are 'no' and 'no', I'm not sure I can see how Freeview could do this, unless they told Panasonic what codes to expect and got it wrong!
Bel - you mentioned on the other thread that there was a meeting yesterday between Freeview and Panasonic to talk about this. Anything you can tell us?

Sit back and relax. The latest from Panasonic is they are working on it along side their counterparts overseas to resolve this issue. They expect to have the situation rectified soon. When the solution is found it will be sent via the Software Update on your recorder, so make sure that you have set your system to accept the update. 

It's like anything that is highly technical, if you don't know how to fix it yourself, then let the experts handle it. Until then, unfortunately you will be best to use the manual recording.

Yes it is frustrating, but time fixes everything and as Peter Montgomery said of the Americas Cup,  "we will just have to hurry up and wait'.

Bob Mirams said:

Bel - you mentioned on the other thread that there was a meeting yesterday between Freeview and Panasonic to talk about this. Anything you can tell us?

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service