Hi,

I have filled out the online support form 4+ times, which says I'll get a response in 2 business days, never got one. These were posted over a period of about 2 weeks. I have called the phone number at least half a dozen times and every time I was promised a return email or phone call. Not a single one. The 3-4 calls, i was told a supervisor was going to email me, but they seem to either never attempted to send one or don't know how to work email, because I never got one. The last few calls, someone was going to call me back, never got a call. My last call yesterday, someone was going to call me back in about an hour and I am still waiting.

My calls/emails were all about the same issue that Laurie Henry has posted about here and that is the short signal drops/pixilation/loss of sound in Southland/Invercargill.

In my experience the customer support is 100% useless. No follow up and they just flat out don't care.

Not the perfect answer, but forget about Freeview, just stream the content you are after.

btw, had my setup checked, reset the TV and re-tuned, still same result. Issue has been happening for the past 3 months and Freeview dont want to even acknowledge the issue. See Laurie's post, but not just affecting me, others are having the issue.

Views: 954

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mike,

We are incredibly sorry that there was a such a big delay in responding to you.  

Due to the nature of this issue, our team had to get in contact with the transmission provider, JDA, who oversees the site for Invercargill (Forest Hill) and wait for them to confirm if there are any issues that are causing reception problems for Invercargill residents. 

We advised JDA that you (and others) have been experiencing constant pixilation, retuning didn’t help and that an installer checked your set up and found no issues. 

The last update we had from JDA is that in order for them to pin down which transmitters are potentially causing the issue, they need more information from like any particular channels (is it TVNZ or Warner Bros. Discovery NZ?) or time of day the issue occurs.

It'll take some time for JDA to figure out what transmitter is causing the issue, so any specific detail will be extremely helpful for JDA's investigation. 

As you’re aware in the last couple of months, the Forest Hill site has unfortunately had numerous transmission issues, unplanned outages, and planned works. Our Contact Centre team were across all of them and we also updated our Network Status page on the Freeview Forum at the time. 

We are so sorry again for the delay and if you could please provide the above details then we can promptly relay those details to JDA. 

Kind regards, 

Hannah

It’s on at least all the channels I watch. 1, 2 and 3 including the +1 channels. It happens all the time randomly. No matter the time of day.

Hi Mike,

Great thank you for that - we've shared that information with JDA now.

Will let you know what they advise.

Kind regards,

Hannah

Mike Weir said:

It’s on at least all the channels I watch. 1, 2 and 3 including the +1 channels. It happens all the time randomly. No matter the time of day.

Hi Mike,

We've heard back from JDA. They had a local contractor monitoring the Invercargill site Wednesday afternoon and apart from a fleeting burst of pixelisation at lunch time, there have been no other occurrences up to yesterday afternoon. Does this correlate with what you experienced yesterday? 

Which area of Invercargill are you in? JDA are wondering if it's a known marginal coverage area.

Also, with it being extremely windy in Invercargill lately, JDA said it could be possible that you have a loose cable on the mast with an intermittent connection. With the high winds some antennas can get turned away from the transmitting site, so lose their ability to pick up the signal. 

Kind regards,

Hannah

 

Hi it’s LAURIE 

never had a reply either 

we have a lot of people with this fault and it’s not there installation we are aerial installers and it took a while to suss the fault.

in some cases new aerials and tv were done they all had better than needed signal and it happens windy or not.

Bit unsure off the people who look after the site as they seem totally unwilling to admit any problems.

A big fault a while ago only had official post after media questions.

also there was mention of linking issues and that would say transmission disturbances for sure I think.

I think they are well aware of the problem 

Laurie 

Hi Hannah

This is another problem with your absolute terrible customer service. I have repeated the issues, symptoms and things I have done multiple times to multiple people. It happens all hours of the day, when it’s not windy, all channels. As previously stated I’ve had the antenna checked, the cable is well strapped and fixed to the wall so there is no movement in the cable to cause signal problem. The cable is only about 4 meters long from antenna to tv, the antenna is directly above the tv on the roof. As Laurie has stated in this post and in his initial post, I’m not the only one with the issue. Multiple people across the region getting their feed from the same tower are getting the same issue. Hear from you again in a months time.

Hi Mike and Laurie, 

I'd like to follow up on this for you with the transmission provider again. Could you please share the addresses where the reception issues are taking place? Feel free to message me privately with location details. Having a range of addresses where this is happening will help the engineers pinpoint the cause of this problem, and hopefully help make some headway in resolving this for you.

Once we have the addresses, I'll share with JDA and ask if their local technician can investigate further.

Thanks!

Bel

How do I private message you?

perhaps JDM should contact our company and also the electronic service co who also have had multiple customers with this issue and we can give them that information. 

Surely its their responsibility to deal with the issue!!! We want it sorted especially for the people who have needlessly spent money they didn't need to.

Laurie

Bel @ Freeview said:

Hi Mike and Laurie, 

I'd like to follow up on this for you with the transmission provider again. Could you please share the addresses where the reception issues are taking place? Feel free to message me privately with location details. Having a range of addresses where this is happening will help the engineers pinpoint the cause of this problem, and hopefully help make some headway in resolving this for you.

Once we have the addresses, I'll share with JDA and ask if their local technician can investigate further.

Thanks!

Bel

Hey Mike, click 'Message' at the bottom of my note to DM me (it should be in the middle between 'Reply' and 'edit'. 

Mike Weir said:

How do I private message you?

Good idea Laurie, could you please share the contact details for your company and the electronic service co you mentioned? I'll pass on to JDA and ask them to get in touch for more details so they can work with you to resolve this.

Thanks!

Bel

Laurie Henry said:

perhaps JDM should contact our company and also the electronic service co who also have had multiple customers with this issue and we can give them that information. 

Surely its their responsibility to deal with the issue!!! We want it sorted especially for the people who have needlessly spent money they didn't need to.

Laurie

Bel @ Freeview said:

Hi Mike and Laurie, 

I'd like to follow up on this for you with the transmission provider again. Could you please share the addresses where the reception issues are taking place? Feel free to message me privately with location details. Having a range of addresses where this is happening will help the engineers pinpoint the cause of this problem, and hopefully help make some headway in resolving this for you.

Once we have the addresses, I'll share with JDA and ask if their local technician can investigate further.

Thanks!

Bel

I have found out some important info that JiDM will be well aware of I think.

They recently moved the transmission feed to a new site in Invercargill and these issues have been since then I have heard.!!!

i think they are well aware of it and have done nothing but avoid it.
Why would not any community minded company not immediately contact any company’s that have bought  up this issues that is affecting and costing members of the public.

Can you not raise the issue higher or are your hands tied?

Laurie
Bel @ Freeview said:

Good idea Laurie, could you please share the contact details for your company and the electronic service co you mentioned? I'll pass on to JDA and ask them to get in touch for more details so they can work with you to resolve this.

Thanks!

Bel

Laurie Henry said:

perhaps JDM should contact our company and also the electronic service co who also have had multiple customers with this issue and we can give them that information. 

Surely its their responsibility to deal with the issue!!! We want it sorted especially for the people who have needlessly spent money they didn't need to.

Laurie

Bel @ Freeview said:

Hi Mike and Laurie, 

I'd like to follow up on this for you with the transmission provider again. Could you please share the addresses where the reception issues are taking place? Feel free to message me privately with location details. Having a range of addresses where this is happening will help the engineers pinpoint the cause of this problem, and hopefully help make some headway in resolving this for you.

Once we have the addresses, I'll share with JDA and ask if their local technician can investigate further.

Thanks!

Bel

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service