I was charged $450 for the installation of Freeview which I consider a ripoff. All you get is the same limited channels that were free previously on our old TV. Freeview is made out to be something new and I was conned into it.

Views: 2593

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

If you have MySky at your holiday home and a dish at each house there's no reason why you can't take the Sky box back and forth with you and use at each location.

I used to do that when l had the original old Skybox, it was less complicated and just needed plugging in. When I got MySky the dishes did not match and I had to get a technician at my holiday home to set it up. He did give me a set of instructions how to change it when I brought it back to town which look quite complex and l have not been game to try it. Given the issues I have with not being very techno I could end up paying every time I moved the Skybox!!!  I have learned a lot from contacting this website so might try it next time though.

You could get the LNB on your dish at home changed to match the holiday house one. That would make it easier as you wouldn't have to change the mysky settings.

How do you do that?

You replace the LNB in the centre of the dish at home with one that is the same frequency as your one at your other place. Most Sky LNBs are 10750MHz and most others are 11300MHz.

Oh thanks, l will try and find out what the one is at my bach, that would solve everything!

Do you still have you invoice from the installation?

as to what was done and the fees and rate charged at?

if so post it here , and we can decide based on what was done as to if the charges were reasonable.

Thank you for your reply, l will go through my files to see if l have it.
my main gripe is that l already had a Sky dish and a UHF aerial and did not need any thing else

Yes you have a point, but the UHF service is preferred over the limited standard definition satellite service.

Did you have a tv with with a built in Freeview tuner? what sort of condition was your existing UHF antenna in? are you in a low signal area that may have required a larger antenna and amplifier plus a run of new cabling?

Re your install. If all the Tech did was unpack and install the TV, connect the antenna and tune the TV, then you were really ripped off. You could have done this yourself. Dick Smith offers this service for $98. My son's next door neighbour had her new antenna + co-ax installed and connected to the TV and tuned up for $250.

As for your Freeview TV, you can now watch TV in HD and with surround sound (if you have a Home Theatre Amp) which you cant do via satellite without a MySky box with HD capability.

And I wouldn't think Benrow would be the cheapest place to buy a TV either. Did you compare prices with Clearance Shed and JB HiFi?

I think that people need to know that even when they have FreeView installed that the channels available are very limited.I would not have bothered with it had I known this. The fact that the installation is very expensive is a separate issue. When told there are 25. channels it looks good but only 5 of them have any real content.

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service