I have intermittent problems with the sound being out of sync with the picture on one or more channel.  This happens occasionally (once or twice a month) and will affect two or three channels at the same time but not all channels.  The sound can be anything from a second or two to 30 seconds before or after the picture.  This affects both tuners I have (Panasonic hard disk recorder or Samsung TV).  I have tried turning off either or both devices right back to turning power off at the wall) and this does not make any difference.  This will last for some hours but will eventually resolve itself. 

Any ideas on what causes this or how I can avoid it?

Views: 19603

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just using regular TVs with no ability to do firmware updates.

For terrestrial we use Kaukau.

I am not using Samsung TV. There are no options for audio.

nzdtv.com said:

are you using audio via HDMI cable

are you using an amp or processor or the internal speakers?

have you checked for firmware updates for your tv?

which broadcast site are you getting your terrestrial signal from?

you mention a samsung tv, are you using spdif for audio? there are many options.

Mike G said:

Thanks for the info BJ. Is it worse on some channels than others or are they all wrong? My Panasonic tv looks ok, but maybe I just haven't noticed.

BJ Pike said:

All channels show some out of synch. Some more than others, but not consistently any in particular.

Mike G said:

Thanks for the info BJ. Is it worse on some channels than others or are they all wrong? My Panasonic tv looks ok, but maybe I just haven't noticed.

What brand and model number is the TV.

and pretty much all tv's with usb ports on them have the ability to do a firmware update.

Older Sharp, Phillips, Sony. None have USB or anything as fancy as that.

Which settop box are you using?

brand and model number

TEAC - model unsure, on terrestrial. A couple of other brands on satellite.

Does it matter? I have never seen a Freeview set-up that doesn't have out of synch problems.

yes it does matter if you are using 3rd party equipment in particular satellite equipment can often have issues with lipsync.

can't say I've ever had the problem on Freeview.

you would get more help with it if you listed specific models/ brands of equipment? Are you using Freeview approved gear?

I found the model number for the terrrestrial set top box: TEAC HC-B6T - will that fix the issue?

nzdtv.com said:

yes it does matter if you are using 3rd party equipment in particular satellite equipment can often have issues with lipsync.

can't say I've ever had the problem on Freeview.

you would get more help with it if you listed specific models/ brands of equipment? Are you using Freeview approved gear?

How is the teac connected to the tv. HDMI or analog?

I guess it would be analog.

Old TVs don't have HDMI I think :)

Mike G said:

How is the teac connected to the tv. HDMI or analog?

Ask the supplier of the TEAC HC-B6T jbhifi??? if there is a firmware update avalable.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service