Hi,

I have a new setup with a Trax dish and LNB off Trademe and a UltraPlus 920HD  receiver with a Samsung flat screen.
The dish has been positioned using a 'satellite finder". The finder has responder as expected tone/measurement wise.
The Ultraplus receiver is setup for Optus D1 160E. This receiver has worked on another setup.
Problem- the receiver cannot find any service.
Starting to suspect the LNB.
Has anyone any  thought before I start replacing parts?

Geoff

Views: 457

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good Morning Geoff

It could be a few items that need to be checked,

1) Are you sure the dish is positioned to Optus D1, sometimes setting up your own dish might lead to pointing it to another service like Optus D2 for example, To check this, on your installation menu of your unit try find other satellites to scan for channels, they may indicate signal on those. expecially if the Satellite finder has a tone.

2) If you are defiantly sure, sure  that the dish is on  Optus D1 then it might be your LNB that needs to be adjusted, Ensure that the cable that is inserted into the LNB is pointing down at 8 o'clock, as that is the usual angle which Freeview channels on both mux's come in clear,

Others may have other ideas but if you are stuck, or have solved the problem, then please let me know :-)

Cheers!

You are dead right.
108 channels turned up when tuned to Optus D2.
I assume it is best to use OpusD1 rather than leave it on D2?
Geoff

Thats right, Adjust dish to Optus D1 so you can get Freeview, D2 has a large amount of religion and ethnic channels as well as some other overseas english channels like RT  and PressTV

Hi, I recently bought a Ultraplus off Trademe too but the discontinued 680 Platinum model. I find that if I can get no service it is because something is switched off and because I already had a Ultraplus in the lounge and was able to use the exact same settings to get the 680 to work. 

Usually it is in the Dish settings and the LNB 22KHZ has to be off, have your DISEqC set as 1/1, this is what I had to do to get mine to work 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service