Updated 12/9/20

I identified the problem a few weeks ago and can now use Freeview if I want to, so I thought I'd post an update if anyone is interested.

I reconfigured the network so I could better see what the TV set was doing.  Freeview was attempting to contact www.googletagmanager.com and google analytics, which were both being blocked by my firewall because these sites are well known tracking sites.

Freeview may have always tried to communicate with these sites.  I hadn't looked before because it was working.  But it looks as though Freeview changes made about mid August, have either made contact with these tracking sites mandatory or just introduced it.  So, if I want to use Freeview I have to allow the TV communicate with these sites.

Updated 23/8/20

After many months of working perfectly I have now lost Freeview on this set.

I used Freeview last week to watch some content successfully. The next time I tried to use Freeview, I could not invoke Freeview with any of the keys. (red, green, OK, change channel, etc) Netflix working fine. Network test confirms set connected to the Internet.

I powered the set off at the wall for a few minutes. Freeview back and running again. Following day no Freeview again. Powered the set off at the wall again. No Freeview!

So now I cleared the cache. No improvement. Re-tuned the channels. All showing 100% or 97% signal. No Freeview.

Factory reset, re-tune channels etc etc. No Freeview.

Anyone else with one of these sets have recent problem with Freeview? If Freeview support are monitoring, have there been any changes to Freeview that might cause this set to stop working?

Regards

SOLVED!

The set does support Freeview.

I am pleased to inform the tv is now displaying Freeview.

The step that got it working was to disconnect it from mains power for a period of time and after that it worked. I had previously tried clearing the cache under network settings but that hadn't helped.

I had disconnected the tv to get to the back of it to take photos of the serial plate.

I can only speculate why the tv failed to display Freeview, but it was the last feature I tried. I initially powered the tv up with no network, then a few days later connected it to a wireless network to investigate the smart features. A few days later I then changed to a wired network. Both wireless and wired were confirmed connecting through the router to the internet.  And finally I tried Freeview with no success.

After disconnecting and reconnecting the power the tv immediately had a network connection.  That maybe the crucial fact.

Thanks for the help.

Hello

I bought a Philips 65PUT6703/75 from PBTech during their boxing day sale.

The set is connected to broadcast tv with a uhf aerial.  Channels are showing 100% signal strength.  Network settings of the tv are showing an active broadband internet connection.  HbbTV options are all on.  It should just work.

But the tv will not display an aspect of Freeview.  No Freeview programme guide or mini menu when changing channels.

I now suspect that this model of Philips TV does not support NZ Freeview.

I'd like to hear if anyone does have Freeview working on this particular model of Philips TV and if so what firmware version and if there are any tricks to get it working.

Thanks.

Views: 2785

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Excellent! Pleased to help.

4th Feb 2021.

My set has stopped working again.  The set and network were powered down over the long weekend. Now Freeview not working.  Press the OK button on remote and nothing.  It's like the set doesn't have Freeview.  Everything else works. Netflix still works.  tcpdump of network traffic looks sensible.  Were changes made to Freeview over the long weekend?  No firmware updates on Philips site.

Hi Nick,

No transmission or network adjustments were made over Auckland Weekend, have you made sure you isolated the cables and aerial, is there another TV you can use to see if it can get a signal?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service