Is there anyone out there who can explain why I can't get TV1 and TV2 after 6pm? Also the rest of the channels start to pixelate as well. I've just replaced my LORANZ model with a DISH T1000. Now, it works great during the day, but after 6pm it goes nuts. It worked fine on Thursday thru to Sunday and then on Monday I couldn't get a signal for these channels.

I am on dialysis and use a machine at night but it's not that and it doesn't seem to be the receiver...

Can someone help, please?

Cheers!

Views: 3082

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You should definitely report this to RSM.

If the power company meters are causing this (!), then they must have been approved for use. It does not sound reasonable that you have to put up with this, if they are the cause of the interference

Are you sure its not 4G tests taking place on the 700 MHZ band?

Have you had the signal level  and MER measured ?  are you running a masthead amplifier . Is it the correct antenna for band 4 UHF , is it the correct polarity  ? do you have trees in the path that may become damp with dew after sunset ??   

Hi Bill!

The guy on called at Dish TV did sound a bit hassled and I can empathise with that...I'm gonna give them a call again and find out about filters etc. It may be a short term solution but anything is better than nothing. Thanks again for your advice. Have a great day!

Bill McMurray said:

Erin said:

Thanks Bill!

Much appreciate the info and advice....when I called Dish TV...well, there customer service wasn't very helpful or interested with what I had to say, only that they were sure that it wasn't anything to do with their product.

Just frustrating as the LORANZ receiver worked from day one without a hitch...

Once again, thanks for you help and advice!

Hi Erin,

I'm sorry to hear that about DishTV, because they are usually most helpful, and they do know about the problem and have discussed it with us; - Maybe you got one of them on a bad day!

Would you like us to mail a filter to you to try? - Now I'm not saying that it definitely is the problem, but it certainly sounds like it could be, and it will only take one minute to plug it in and one night to find out if that was the problem!

Why don't you phone Andrea on 07 856 6846, at Rainbow Connections, give her your mailing address and tell her what it's about; - I'll be back there on Monday and will mail a filter out to you with instructions next week, and then we'll all see what happens.

If it doesn't make any difference then we'll know that's not the problem and you can send the filter back to us. If it does fix the problem, we'll invoice you for the filter.

Cheers,  Bill.

RE: Waikato 700 MHZ 4G LTE

Telecom to trial 4G on 700 MHz spectrum in May

The trial will be conducted by Telecom in conjunction with Huawei Technologies over 11 cell sites spread across three Waikato locations including central Hamilton and the Mystery Creek Events Centre.

Telecom will begin trialling its high-speed 4G data network over the 700 MHz spectrum next month, alongside partner Huawei Technologies.

According to Telecom, the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) has approved temporary use of the spectrum for trial purpose, even while the Government's spectrum auction remains unfinished.

The non-commercial trial, involving selected customers, is meant to provide experience to inform the future network build.

The trial will be conducted by Telecom in conjunction with Huawei Technologies over 11 cell sites spread across three Waikato locations including central Hamilton and the Mystery Creek Events Centre.

Telecom will use Huawei wireless routers for testing purposes, meaning access to the trial network will be limited to those involved in the trial. Testing will begin in late May and run for approximately four weeks

nzdtv.com said:

RE: Waikato 700 MHZ 4G LTE

Telecom to trial 4G on 700 MHz spectrum in May

Hi nzdtv,
Thanks for that info, but we first came across this problem in Dec 2013, and by mid February 2014 we'd tried several filters (including the old DishTV filter) and found that the new DishTV filter was the only one which eliminated the interferance.

Most of the filters we tried were rated to stop around 5 - 460 MHz and 700 - 1000 MHz, and didn't stop the interferance! I don't know what the ratings are for this DishTV filter because they're not printed on it. - But I do know it works, and has done for us 20-30 times!
Cheers, Bill. 

Hi Erin,

Did you ever get any further with this problem?

Cheers, Bill.

Hi Bill,

I've kinda given up...some days the reception/picture is good on all channels and the next day, most of the channels are skiwhiff again...kinda of pot luck when it's going to behave.

I have a lot on my plate with dialysis and doctor appts, so I apologise for not keeping up-to-date with this...and to be honest, most of it is going over my head. Thank you for your help and advice though, it is much appreciated.

Cheers from Ears

Bill McMurray said:

Hi Erin,

Did you ever get any further with this problem?

Cheers, Bill.

Erin said:

Hi Bill,

I've kinda given up...some days the reception/picture is good on all channels and the next day, most of the channels are skiwhiff again...kinda of pot luck when it's going to behave.

Hi Erin (Ears),

Sorry to hear that life's a bit of a struggle at the moment; Hang in there.

And, yes, a lot of the discussion has centred on the power companies and who's to blame, when all you want to be able to do is to watch TV uninterupted!

From some of the suggestions I think they also don't realise that, all this time, your other TV is still working okay through the other Lorenz receiver!

So our offer of mailing you a filter still stands if you feel in a place to give us a ring, or you could borrow another brand of receiver from a friend and try that. 

Cheers,  Bill.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service