Anyone having problems with programs not starting. All I get is the channel logo sit there and do nothing. I've reset my modem a few times and reset the set-top box with no luck.

Views: 5156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you!

Josh ✔️ said:

Hi Jan,
They will come as firmware updates, so you will be prompted if there is an update ready, otherwise if you set updates to automatic they will install overnight if you have that setup

Update 13 Sep 2019: Automatic firmware update for the T2100 is not yet available. However you can update your T2100 box now by downloading & installing its firmware update via a USB drive from the Dish TV site here (https://www.dishtv.co.nz/downloads).  Please refer to instructions on the Dish TV site and select DishTV_T2100-Firmware-V1.42.usb to download to your USB drive.  

Thanks for following up on this - it seems that the issue has been resolved as I have been able to watch a number of channels via On Demand yesterday and again today.

Cheers!

I have updated via USB and it is working again thanks. :)

Great stuff

VictoriaO said:

Thanks for following up on this - it seems that the issue has been resolved as I have been able to watch a number of channels via On Demand yesterday and again today.

Cheers!

How long will it be before the T2100 box users are automatically updated? Your message was 6 days ago, I thought it would have been done by now.

Josh ✔️ said:

Update 13 Sep 2019: Automatic firmware update for the T2100 is not yet available. However you can update your T2100 box now by downloading & installing its firmware update via a USB drive from the Dish TV site here (https://www.dishtv.co.nz/downloads).  Please refer to instructions on the Dish TV site and select DishTV_T2100-Firmware-V1.42.usb to download to your USB drive.  

I'm glad it's not just me wondering about this too! I also thought that we T2100 users would be able to watch On Demand again. How much longer do we have to wait for the automatic update to happen?

Hi Julie

DISH TV has not yet made this available. 

Josh 

Julie S said:

I'm glad it's not just me wondering about this too! I also thought that we T2100 users would be able to watch On Demand again. How much longer do we have to wait for the automatic update to happen?

Hi Dawn

Josh 

Dawn Scotting said:

How long will it be before the T2100 box users are automatically updated? Your message was 6 days ago, I thought it would have been done by now.

Josh ✔️ said:

Hi Josh, I don’t think it would be unreasonable for Freeview to load the file onto a USB an post it to these people who are still having trouble. For the sake of a few $$ their troubles could be over. After more than a month of malfunction it seems the least they could do. 

Why haven't they?

I've downloaded that file DishTV_T2100-Firmware-V1.42.usb and on their website they say the instructions on how to install it will appear on my computer screen but nothing happens so what do I do now?

There doesn't appear to be any instructions within the file and although their website says 'RUN' it after downloading there is no option to run it only OPEN it which is impossible because it's not a text file!

What am I missing? And why the heck do *I* have to go to all this extra trouble to fix it???

Josh ✔️ said:

Hi Dawn

Josh 

I've now downloaded the manual instructions so going to give the update a go, wish me luck! Or shouldn't I follow the instructions form the manual because this is what they say on their website:-

Please follow the Instructions provided with this Installer, not the Instructions in your User Manual.

So do they mean not to use the original user manual that came with the T2100 or their manual that you download from their website which is listed next to the software download?

Geez it's all so confusing for this 80 year old brain!

Dawn Scotting said:

Why haven't they?

I've downloaded that file DishTV_T2100-Firmware-V1.42.usb and on their website they say the instructions on how to install it will appear on my computer screen but nothing happens so what do I do now?

There doesn't appear to be any instructions within the file and although their website says 'RUN' it after downloading there is no option to run it only OPEN it which is impossible because it's not a text file!

What am I missing? And why the heck do *I* have to go to all this extra trouble to fix it???

Josh ✔️ said:

Hi Dawn

Josh 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service