Hi to everybody im hoping this rings a bell with somebody .. This unit is only 3wks old and im stumped as to why this is happening .... im using a high gain aireal with a mast power head fitted ... this unit worked fine on old vantage unit and have checked all connections ... ive checked software and  its up to date ... the only thing ive not done is a factory reset !! .. it always resets back to the channel one was watching !!  .. it also has remote hassels as well .. hard to select ch .. bounces on some buttons etc etc  .. have tried new batteries ... still plays up ... im situated in wgtn ..Tawa ... so am pointing at Baxters repeater ... but wonder it Kaukau is causing a proplem by being more powerfull and causing the box to get confused over which signal to use .. is this possible ... thats the basics for now any idea's welcome ... cheers 

Views: 1035

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Murray

Thankyou for providing detailed information which will enable us to provide you with some support, 

It looks like from what you are saying, The DishTV box is not working correctly and might need to be looked at or replaced, You can give Dish TV a call 

0800 DISH TV (0800 347 488) or 07 929 4123 Monday to Ffriday 9am-5pm 

Kind Regards
Joshua

Joshua Hill said:

Hi Murray

Thankyou for providing detailed information which will enable us to provide you with some support, 

It looks like from what you are saying, The DishTV box is not working correctly and might need to be looked at or replaced, You can give Dish TV a call 

0800 DISH TV (0800 347 488) or 07 929 4123 Monday to Ffriday 9am-5pm 

Kind Regards
Joshua

HI Joshua 

thanks for the response ..its great to have this sort of access to a system that can point one in the right direction ... I assume its better to go direct to Dish-TV  .. than go through the retail outlet  that i bought it from ?  ... So will do this on monday ..

cheers for now .

Murray .

Thats allgood Murray, 

Let us know how you get on 

Kind Regards
Joshua

what size amp? shouldnt need an amp in tawa

willis said

what size amp? shouldnt need an amp in tawa

Hi willis ... unfortunately i do .. im on the western hills and tucked into area that give's  me no line of sight of  any transmitters ..this was tested by engineer with meters ... so i ended up with High gain aerial with masthead power amp this unit just drags the signal from the valley floor and works well ... being a digital signal the the amp does not degrade the signal like the old analog signals .... sorry no info on the specs of the set up ... cheers 

Joshua Hill said:

Thats allgood Murray, 

Let us know how you get on 

Kind Regards
Joshua

Hi Joshua .. can now update ... spoke to Tech at DishTv ... only took about 20mins to resolve ... 1: he said the set had a problem and needed to be returned to them ... He said a simple swap from the Retailer was possible ... this was completed with no problem's ... 2: There is a known problem with some of the early remotes that the T1000 uses .. but DishTv have had this fixed ... it all has to do with the alignment of the LED/sensor in the front of the Remote ... if anyone has a early version of this top set with a faulty remote .. contact dishTv and talk to them as they can realign the sensor ... So the new set is working well .. no problems so far and the remote works spot on ... so fingers crossed ... cheers for now 

Murray

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service