I have two (2) of the recommended Zinwell PVR-640R  Freeview boxs. I purchased 2 because they are recommended and obviously, I have two TVs that need them.  In the last year I have noticed that they have been failing to operate correctly, mainly by way of very annoying delays before anything happens after a button press.

Problems include:
    Difficulty in accessing and programming with the EPG, huge delays.
   Very slow to respond to remote control commands
   Playback quality may be poor
   FF on playback not working properly

I have been tearing my hair out tyring to figure out what could be the problem, but now believe that it has something to do with changes to the Freeview platform.  This is evident when playback is operated with the antenna disconnected, and it performs fine, as has been discovered by others here. 

I understand that Zinwell no longer make this unit and that it was constructed and programmed to the Freeview specifications as provided to Zinwell.

Please advise how this is going to be remedied because I have spent a lot of money setting myself up with these units.   I have noticed there very similar units still available on the market, but not with the Zinwell brand.  When you peek inside them, the architechture is very much the same.

I have upgraded to the latest software version with no improvement in performance.

A Question arises:  Is this product fit for purpose as would be required under the Fair Trading Act?

I suppose answer one is:  Yes, it was designed and programmed according to Freeview specifications by Zinwell so they have done their bit.

Then answer two is:  Freeview have changed (moved the goal posts) the Freeview specifications (for whatever reason) and now my Freeview Boxes don’t work as advertised.  Seems the “platform” needs to be adjusted to accommodate all recommended Freeview Boxes.

My Next Question Is:   Who is responsible for putting it right?

Seems like Zinwell are attempting to do something.  Good for them.  Have not seen any outcome from that as yet.

Looks like the Freeview platform/s need to be adapted to accommodate all Freeview boxes, especially the recommended ones. 

Need my Freeview boxes to work correctly.

Views: 460

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I had the JC Matthews PVR which is basically identical and it has the same problems. I replaced it with a Magic TV PVR (which is fantastic) as the problems were really frustrating, the JC Matthews sits in a cupboard now and doesn't get used.

Basically, as I see it, these are old (1st generation) technology and Freeview has moved on from where it was when it started so I replaced it just as I would a PC that's become outdated after 4-5 years of use. Bit of a pain but technology is basically outdated as soon as it's on the market and considering these units are 4-5 years old now I'd consider that a pretty good run.

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service