I bought a Satbox S8200 near the end of August, I have had a few minor problems with the WIFI/connection to our network which were solved, then Dish TV then removed the on demand link and were unable or unwilling to say when it would be reinstated.

Regretably I have a few major problems which are not solved.

1) when playing back a recording, after a fast forward thru the adverts when i revert back to play there is no sound. however "pausing, stopping, playing and then skip to last viewed" seems to fix this problem until the next fast forward. not the most convenient playback system I have used.

2) EPG often fails to load, especially if the box is currently time shift recording. Sometime cancelling a timeshift recording results in neither of the two tuners operating. Rebooting seems to be the only fix.

3) You cannot record and series link a program if a version of the program you are wanting to record is currently playing.

For example, despite having series linked all Prime-Rugby world cup games to be recorded and checking last night that they Aust v Wales was the next scheduled recording, the recordings did not happen. Then trying to record the 12.00 noon all black replay while the tail end of the 7.30am All black game was still going resulted in satbox advising I could not record the 7.30am program, as it had already started. I did not want to record the 7.30am program but nevertheless I have no choice, I gave up trying.

4) general navigation around the menus is tediously irritating with the S8200. I regularly experience lag of up to 20s after pushing a button.

To go backwards normally the back button works, however in some screens you can only go back using the exit key. In some screens the back button takes you back one step, in others it takes you back to the start menu.

Using this device is a frustrating experience, So frustrating that I bought a smart TV.

It almost seems like this device was sold before the software that operates it was  properly tested.

All i want to be able to do is record and playback programs, even this has proved challenging for the satbox S8200.

Would be interested to know if others are having similar experiences.

Views: 5022

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Shane,

Great to see your post, for I was beginning to think I was alone having problems with the  S8200.

Yesterday I took back the first S8200 we had because the problems, which were:

When, even though, according to the Network Status I was connected to the WiFi the receiver would not do SW upgrades saying that the WiFi was inactive.

This caused an ongoing problem, for whenever we turned the unit on it would automatically go to upgrade then reboot back to live TV. When it was recommended that I try and reboot the receiver by unplugging from the wall then it continually went to reboot then say WiFi inactive then reboot without stopping - this was frustrating to say the least! I managed to get TV back by turning the receiver off  via  the remote then  on again.

Then, we have not had the issues you have had with no sound, yet a  bleep in the fast- fording is that sometimes the fast-forward banner does not disappear unless the Exit Button is pressed.

Then, the Info button does not provide information on the listed programme in the Booked List Menu.

Then, when we tried to book a programme using the Manual Timer requesting it to record a certain time on Week Days. It did the first recording then no more!!

Lastly, we have noticed twice once on live TV the other with a recording that the sound is lagging behind the picture - this is a horrible way to watch TV.

As I said we have changed the SatBox - so far the new one did not recognise the USB stick for SW upgrades the  Dish TV sent me - like the old one.

There is no information in the Booked List Menu - like the old one

The Playback banner still sometime does not disappear - like the old one

Like you we cannot series-link a programme if a version is playing.

Like you the Back Button and Exit Button seem to perform different functions in different Menus.

Like you  I have experienced a lag during the Menu operation - however, not enough to prove frustrating.

And we brought this unit because the Zygo 2000 we got first, like you, so we could record and watch programme, was rubbish ... now, I don't know how much   better off we are  ??!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service