every sinces they brought back to ads on tvnz ondemded freeview + every time it comes out of the  ads it coz back to the start of the program this is on a SAMSUNG TV i have try too us the form on there website but i get a error message back

Views: 495

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree, the freeview plus option on my LG tv is now a pain. Everytime the ads finish it reverts to beginning of the program again. When can we expect a fix for this cock up.

On my Sony, OnDemand stopped working about 10 days ago. It plays the first ad then goes to the spinning wheel for a few seconds and then reverts to the TV. Freeview Help said they would pass it on the technical team but that was a week ago, and not even a reply to say "we are working on it". Seems like it's very common, though with different symptoms. Hope this "new" OnDemand being trialled fixes it, and isn't just hype.

Hey David, we've been in touch with Sony and they have advised us if you are experiencing this issue you need to update your software version. 

If the software doesn’t update directly on your TV, you will need to visit their website to download and install the update (download to USB and then install on your TV): 

https://www.sony.co.nz/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-w75xc_w8...

Bel

Thanks for this. I'm pleased to report that Freeview is now back functioning as it should.

Someone needs to tell Sony that next time they do a software update, the first thing that needs to be addressed is the Automatic Update option, as it clearly doesn't work. I found that despite my set having this on, it had not updated since version 3.9xx and the new update was 5.3xx!

Little wonder things stopped working.

Thanks David - great to know the update did the trick for ya. Will share the auto-update fail with Sony, they’ll want to know the model number for your TV I imagine, would you happen to have it handy?
Thanks again!

It's a 43W800C

Bel @ Freeview said:

Thanks David - great to know the update did the trick for ya. Will share the auto-update fail with Sony, they’ll want to know the model number for your TV I imagine, would you happen to have it handy?
Thanks again!

I think the previous firmware was actually 3.925 from October 2017 so you hadn't missed out on any updates. The update goes from Android 6 to 7.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service