We have recently moved and the only TV reception sockets in our apartment are the screw-type like Sky satellite box connectors.

I've got a converter from the screw-on to a coax antenna socket but when I connect to the TV the screen initially shows the channel name and number but then after 2 or 3 seconds says no signal.  If I change the channel using the remote, it again shows the new channel name and number and then, after 2 or 3 seconds says no signal.

We are in a rented apartment and so don't have the obvious access to an aerial.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Thanks

Views: 400

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you sure its a Aerial socket it may be connected to a Satellite Dish.

I think it might be connected to a satellite dish. Is there anyway I can get a Freeview signal?

Thanks for getting back Paul.

If it's a dish only  then only if you use a Satellite STB.

Check with your building manager about the TV Signal distribution for the apartments.

I would have thought it would be normal to have UHF distrubution in apartments as well as Satellite. They could both be diplexed onto the same cable?

Impossible to diagnose your problem without inspecting the installation or checking with somebody who looks after the apartment complex.

P.S. Check with your neighbours?

I've cracked it - I auto-tuned and I guess it got the dish frequencies.

Thanks for looking people.

As I figured you probably have Sat and UHF distributed on the one cable. Auto tuning will have found the UHF signals OK. You'll only get Freeview Satellite if your TV has an inbuilt Satellite Tuner.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service