Hi we moved house and setting up the freeview wasnt going well so I hit factory reset. Now I have a couple of random channels and nothing else. Im stuck. Its a Strong brand so Freeview can't help me. Anyone else techy out there with ideas please. Don't want to have to buy a new box

Views: 253

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your LNB on the dish at your new place may have a different freq. In the setup if 10750 doesn't work try 11300. What are the random channels you are getting as it's also possible the dish is pointing at the wrong satellite? If your box was working OK at the last place then it's very unlikely to be the box at fault but just some incorrect setup parameters.

Hi Biggles. When I do the scan it asks for auto or manual or blind. I did auto and it came up with random skype channels?



Biggles said:

Your LNB on the dish at your new place may have a different freq. In the setup if 10750 doesn't work try 11300. What are the random channels you are getting as it's also possible the dish is pointing at the wrong satellite? If your box was working OK at the last place then it's very unlikely to be the box at fault but just some incorrect setup parameters.

I presume you mean random Sky channels? If so it would appear that you have the correct LNB Freq set but the LNB may be failing or the dish is slightly misaligned. Probably time to get in a pro with the appropriate gear to check everything?.

an electrian with a signal finder worked on it and had channels but no tv ones. i tried to fix and did a factory reset and lost everything

Biggles said:

I presume you mean random Sky channels? If so it would appear that you have the correct LNB Freq set but the LNB may be failing or the dish is slightly misaligned. Probably time to get in a pro with the appropriate gear to check everything?.

put these frqs in memory under optus d1
12483 horizontal 22500
12456. 22500
12519. 22500
then do manual scan of each
with the optus d1 lo either 10750 or 11300 as 1 should work
I have managed to get some channels back thanks to that advice. Don’t seem to have any tv3 channels and have hundreds of sky channels. ? Any thoughts

What you have to do is delete all those sky channels 1x1 manually and then you might find the 21 freeview channels as there are a number of the freeview channels that are often repeated

As the sky channels may have the following besides them $

michelle vincent said:

I have managed to get some channels back thanks to that advice. Don’t seem to have any tv3 channels and have hundreds of sky channels. ? Any thoughts
the TV 3 CH live under 12456
now you can learn all about moving,deleting and saving channels

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service