I previously received all the muxes with my Hills HSMT-200a set top box in Higgins Road Hamilton, but have been unable to receive anything other than the TVNZ mux (channel 35) since Kordia changed the DTT transmitters in central Hamilton on 6 and 7 March 2022. Even after adjusting the UHF aerial.

Apparently TV 3 will change on March 21 2022.  Do I have to wait until then to receive Channels 29, 33, 37 and 39 as well?

Views: 586

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi George,

If you're impacted by the relocation of the Hamilton tower, Kordia has advised to have an installer come inspect your aerial and if needed to change the way you are receiving the service.

Please see here for our installer directory. 

TV3 is not changing, please see here for what's changing on the 21st March.

Channels 29 and 37 came off air in 2021(see the Network Status page for more info).

Channel 39 is available in Dunedin and Invercargill via UHF aerial (select the channel on the channel pages to find out about its availability and how it's broadcast).

In regards to Channel 33, it may have dropped off your channel list so recommend doing a retune of your device to re-pick up the channel.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Hannah 

We also lost all channels after the change to the Hamilton Central Tower a few days ago. We had an installer come out yesterday and he said that the vertical signal has disappeared from Hamilton Central Tower and tried swapping our aerial to horizontal. However despite being 1km away he was unable to revive strong enough signal so had to point to Te Aroha instead and install an amplifier. All of this cost $220 to resolve and the explaination from Freeview leaves me with more questions than answers. Good luck!

So far I can get 14 TV stations from the Hamilton central tower. But only 6 (the TVNZ mux) have excellent reception, all the rest are badly pixelated. We can only view TV1, TV2, TV1+1, T2+1, Duke TV and Duke TV+1.

The vertical polarity is there but 3 of the 4 muxes are too weak to receive.

I don't feel like changing the polarity to horizontal and aiming for Te Aroha, but may have to if they don't fix Hamilton central reception. 

What did Kordia say about the problem?

Bevan said:

We also lost all channels after the change to the Hamilton Central Tower a few days ago. We had an installer come out yesterday and he said that the vertical signal has disappeared from Hamilton Central Tower and tried swapping our aerial to horizontal. However despite being 1km away he was unable to revive strong enough signal so had to point to Te Aroha instead and install an amplifier. All of this cost $220 to resolve and the explaination from Freeview leaves me with more questions than answers. Good luck!

Hi Hannah,

I am a TV aerial installer so I'm not going to hire one.

I have retuned automatically and manually.

I received the channel 33 mux and channel 35 mux but not the channel 39 mux.

I can only view the channel 35 mux, the others are pixelated.

The day before your work on the transmitters 6th and 7th March 2022 I could receive all the freeview channels.

What's happened?

Hannah @ Freeview said:

Hi George,

If you're impacted by the relocation of the Hamilton tower, Kordia has advised to have an installer come inspect your aerial and if needed to change the way you are receiving the service.

Please see here for our installer directory. 

TV3 is not changing, please see here for what's changing on the 21st March.

Channels 29 and 37 came off air in 2021(see the Network Status page for more info).

Channel 39 is available in Dunedin and Invercargill via UHF aerial (select the channel on the channel pages to find out about its availability and how it's broadcast).

In regards to Channel 33, it may have dropped off your channel list so recommend doing a retune of your device to re-pick up the channel.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Hannah 

I have not spoken to Kordia - I just got a response from Freeview saying that we needed to call an installer if we have no signal following the antenna change on Sunday. I don't know much about this stuff, but something appears to have gone wrong?  Hopefully Freeview/Kordia can look into this.  

George Garard said:

So far I can get 14 TV stations from the Hamilton central tower. But only 6 (the TVNZ mux) have excellent reception, all the rest are badly pixelated. We can only view TV1, TV2, TV1+1, T2+1, Duke TV and Duke TV+1.

The vertical polarity is there but 3 of the 4 muxes are too weak to receive.

I don't feel like changing the polarity to horizontal and aiming for Te Aroha, but may have to if they don't fix Hamilton central reception. 

What did Kordia say about the problem?

Bevan said:

See Hannah getting confused between uhf frq number and programme number

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service