Maungatapu Tauranga, since 2017 at same time each year (late Autumn) my freeview TVNZ Govt. channels (1 & 2 plus Prime) go bad every night around 5pm for about 2months while all other channels are fine. Antennas good and all coaxial cables and fittings new. The rest of the year reception is perfect regardless of weather conditions or any local electronic transmissions.

Issue 1: can't identify the source of signal failure

Issue 2: why only Govt. transmission band effected

Anyone who's solved a similar problem I would like to get details of your fix.

Thanks

Views: 337

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can you confirm your area and how you receive Freeview: UHF aerial or a satellite dish?

Is it connected direct to your tv or do you use a set top box? 

Josh

Josh

Area: Maungatapu north facing, Tauranga - 2 microwave towers 1klick so-west of my position

Signal receive via UHF aerial

TV connected direct to aerial coaxial

Items 2 & 3 shouldn't be relative being only NZTV govt. channels affected

McLean

Had a problem like many years ago before we went digital. The solution was to stop the people next door from using a phone that was not approved for use in New Zealand. I have no idea if this is the case in your instance. But they would always ring someone around 8.30 every evening and down would go TV1.

The reception for the NZTV channels is okay in the am starts then degrading late afternoon by about 5pm it's completely cactus thru to next day and only the June to Sept period. This rules out casual household activities and seems to indicate some type of seasonal operation of equipment that outputs a high strength signal strong enough to disturb transmission bands.  

James Eaton said:

Had a problem like many years ago before we went digital. The solution was to stop the people next door from using a phone that was not approved for use in New Zealand. I have no idea if this is the case in your instance. But they would always ring someone around 8.30 every evening and down would go TV1.

James Eaton said:

James

I should have asked before, how were you able to identify the neighbour's phone as the cause of the problem. I've tried to find a local tech with signal test gear to screen for transmissions in the same band width but no luck as yet.

McLean

I would be looking at your signal strength and if your pointing to the right tower.  (Kopukairua) heres a coverage map..  https://freeviewnz.tv/media/1106/kopukairua_standalone_freeview.pdf

That was easy. I went next door and asked them when they used the phone. I had been adviced to do this by Kordia or whatever they were called back then.

S Mclean said:

James Eaton said:

James

I should have asked before, how were you able to identify the neighbour's phone as the cause of the problem. I've tried to find a local tech with signal test gear to screen for transmissions in the same band width but no luck as yet.

McLean

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service