I live in Napier, and ever since the digital switchover I have been having issues. I've tried as much as I can on my own to figure it out, but I think I need outside help!
My house has no outdoor aerial, and seems I'm only renting I don't want to go installing one myself. I have a Panasonic television with inbuilt FreeView, and have it connected to a Draco ANT200 aerial. I have the aerial indoors against the window pointing in the direction of the Mt Erin transmitter. I'm able to get channels 3, 3+1, 4, C4, Shopping, Al Jazeera and Te Reo. I've tried re-tuning multiple times, but have never been able to get the other channels.

What do I need to do? Bear in mind that I'm renting and a student, so can't go drilling holes in walls, or afford to call a technician in.

Views: 703

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you can't get the other channels with your indoor antenna and you have tried moving it about to find the best location then the only option left is an outdoor antenna. As you are renting ask your landlord to install an antenna. It's in the landlord's interest to do so as any future tenants will need it. Also check your rental agreement as in some agreements it's the landlord's responsibility to provide an antenna.

P.S. I presume you are aware that Mt Erin is Vertically polarised so your antenna would need to match. According to their website it's weatherproof so you could always mount it outside on the wall or under the soffit.

See here how to mount for vertical or horizontal

http://www.freeviewshop.co.nz/downloads/Installation%20Instructions...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service