Thank you for correcting the date formatting errors in this latest update to the iDevice App.
Updated to the new Freeview App 2.0.1 on my iPad and iPhone and I would like to point out three glaring things:
  1. Dark mode - not everyone likes it nor is it suitable from an ophthalmological point of view as Dark mode can be a curse eg. Those with astigmatisms. Please make it a 'Dark' or ‘Light’ mode choice in settings and at the initial start up screen like you have done with the UHF/Satellite selection.
  2. In Settings the turquoise coloured words are truncated - Why (ALER…LIVE…OTH…,) It is not even necessary on the smaller screen of a phone.

3. Now the MOST IMPORTANT one. Where has the Search function gone⁉️ This is the one function I use the most in the App. Searching the EPG via my 5 year old Panasonic PVR & TV is abysmal so I rely upon the Freeview App search to pin point a date & time of a show so I can go straight to that in my PVR EPG for recording setup.

Please return the search ability and place it prominently on the menu bar❗️

Views: 277

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Chas,

Thank you very much for your feedback- it’s appreciated as we are always trying to optimise our services!

We have released an updated, modernised interface which has the ability to scale further to include upcoming functionality.

Our first focus has been on streamlining all of our products and services to have a similar look and feel.

The search function is still available and you can find it on the top right in ‘Browse by Genre’.

We are currently working with the developers to put search onto the main menu and hope to have this in our future updates.

For more info and what's changed, see here!

Thanks,

Hannah @ Freeview

Thank you for a partial reply.

You did not really answer question 1 apart from saying: We have released an updated, modernised interface which has the ability to scale further to include upcoming functionality.

You do not answer question 2 at all !

In reply to your answer to question 3: The search function is still available and you can find it on the top right in ‘Browse by Genre’.

That is for if you are looking to watch a particular genre of a show. "oh lets see what is available in Comedy tonight" A lot of shows can fall into several genres; eg. factual & comedy or movies & drama or factual & Kids.

We are currently working with the developers to put search onto the main menu and hope to have this in our future updates.

Just make this search box a general search box. You know the show and you just want to find its channel and broadcast information.

Good morning Chas, 

1. Thanks for the suggestion for the dark/ light mode, we have forwarded this onto the appropriate team. 

2. Could you please supply a screenshot of what you are seeing in Settings? It shouldn't be shortened to ' ALER…LIVE…OTH…' but displayed in sections as: ALERTS, LIVE TV, OTHER

You mentioned you are also using an iPad-the current application is intended for use with mobile handsets and not iPads or Tablets. We are however, working on a iPad and Tablet version of this application and it will be released soon.

3. In regards to Search: tap the magnifying glass icon on the top right hand side of the 'Browse by Genre' section to enter any title to carry out a search. 

Thanks,

Hannah 

Chas Bullock said:

Thank you for a partial reply.

You did not really answer question 1 apart from saying: We have released an updated, modernised interface which has the ability to scale further to include upcoming functionality.

You do not answer question 2 at all !

In reply to your answer to question 3: The search function is still available and you can find it on the top right in ‘Browse by Genre’.

That is for if you are looking to watch a particular genre of a show. "oh lets see what is available in Comedy tonight" A lot of shows can fall into several genres; eg. factual & comedy or movies & drama or factual & Kids.

Just make this search box a general search box. You know the show and you just want to find its channel and broadcast information.

Thank you Hannah.

Question 1: Great

Question 2: As you can see in Settings the turquoise coloured words are truncated - Why ? (ALER…LIVE…OTH…,) It is not even necessary on the smaller screen of a phone.

Question 3: I already gave a reply to your first reply. I still think that in its present form it is very clumsy and a separate general search box on the main home screen is the way to go

Hannah said:

Good morning Chas, 

1. Thanks for the suggestion for the dark/ light mode, we have forwarded this onto the appropriate team. 

2. Could you please supply a screenshot of what you are seeing in Settings? It shouldn't be shortened to ' ALER…LIVE…OTH…' but displayed in sections as: ALERTS, LIVE TV, OTHER

You mentioned you are also using an iPad-the current application is intended for use with mobile handsets and not iPads or Tablets. We are however, working on a iPad and Tablet version of this application and it will be released soon.

3. In regards to Search: tap the magnifying glass icon on the top right hand side of the 'Browse by Genre' section to enter any title to carry out a search. 

Thanks,

Hannah 

Hi Chas, 

Awesome thanks for sending through the screenshot. 

Can you please tell me what model your iPhone is?

This will help us escalate the display issue to the developers. 

Thanks for the feedback regarding the headings- it is the design we chose and they act as sections. 

Cheers,

Hannah 

Chas Bullock said:

Thank you Hannah.

Question 1: Great

Question 2: As you can see in Settings the turquoise coloured words are truncated - Why ? (ALER…LIVE…OTH…,) It is not even necessary on the smaller screen of a phone.

Question 3: I already gave a reply to your first reply. I still think that in its present form it is very clumsy and a separate general search box on the main home screen is the way to go

Hannah said:

Good morning Chas, 

Thanks,

Hannah 

Hi Hannah.

iPhone 7 & iPad 6 gen (iOS 12.3.1)

Hannah said:

Hi Chas, 

Awesome thanks for sending through the screenshot. 

Can you please tell me what model your iPhone is?

This will help us escalate the display issue to the developers. 

Thanks for the feedback regarding the headings- it is the design we chose and they act as sections. 

Cheers,

Hannah

Hi Chas, 

Apologies for the delayed response.

The developers have been in touch and they were unable to replicate this issue on the iPhone 7 or on the latest version of the app. The release date of the latest version is still to be confirmed. 

Thanks,

Hannah 

Well that is just weird ? cause you can see it does happen.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LATEST:

You can follow the latest updates via Network Status here

Connect With Us!

Be a part of the New Zealand Freeview Community!

Welcome to your Freeview Forum!  This is the online home for all Freeview viewers, retailers, manufacturers and installers. It's a place where you can find help, share advice, tips and your know-how to help another fellow "Freeviewer" out.

How do I get started?

1. Begin by signing up for Freeview Forum here.  Sign up is simple, fast & free, all we ask is that you abide by a few simple guidelines.

2. Once you've signed up, you'll be able to:

What details should be included when asking for help?

Including key details will help the community help you.....

1. What your coverage is (check by entering your full address here).

2. What antenna you're using (indoor of outdoor UHF aerial, or satellite dish).

3. What brand & model your device is.

4. What channels or programmes you're having trouble with (if any).

5. And of course - as many other details as you think would be relevant.

© 2019   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service