Hey
I’ve got rid of sky and have both a terrestrial aerial on roof and digital dish from sky. My tv is new, bought in 2019 UA65NU7090WXNZ Samsung and when I plug both cable options into tv I can’t pick up any freeview channels and search both terrestrial and digital signals.
I know I must be missing a step but can’t think what. Any help gratefully appreciated.

Views: 295

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Courtney,

When you cancelled SKY did a Sky tech come to your house? What does the cable you are plugging in look like?

Josh
No sky tech came to our house, we just sent back the decoder. Plugging into normal aerial cable for terrestrial, for digital it is the thin male connection but I got an adapter to plug into normal aerial cable

If you are using the cable that was used for the SKY, then this will need to be pluged into the SAT IN connection at the back of the TV and you will need to scan for Satellite Channels rather than terrestrial. 

Josh 

Thanks Josh
How can I use the normal aerial connection at the back of the tv and use the terrestrial aerial?
My tv doesn’t have a sat in connection
Are you able to take a photo of the back of the TV, if there’s only one aerial socket then you may need to check if terrestrial is available by entering your address here: https://www.freeviewnz.tv/get-freeview/get-freeview/coverage-check/

If you can get Freeview via UHF then have a look outside and see if you have a UHF aerial. If you can only get satellite then you will need a Freeview box that’s compatible with Satellite.

Josh
Yes terrestrial is available at my address so I don’t see why I can’t pick up any channels :/

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service