Having trouble receiving FREEVIEW VIA UHF after strong weather?

If you find that you cannot get Freeview working after a storm or any weather event then the likely case is that your antenna that you use to receive Freeview has been damaged or repositioned, there might be more reasons why you cannot view Freeview but below is a list of links and tips to ensure that you are connected back, its best to contact your local installer if you feel something is not quite right. 

Ensure weather conditions are right if you are considering any DIY on correcting aerial faults or outside maintenance. 

I see a NO SIGNAL on my Freeview receiver/recorder or TV.

Your UHF Aerial could have been damaged or readjusted by the wind, Please check that your UHF antenna remains in tact, You will need to get a installer (or yourself) to realign your aerial to the local transmitter, you can find out more on how to do this here

Another cause might be to do with your UHF Cable which is connected from your aerial. This could have been damaged, ensure that the lead is clean from any cuts or obvious bends as this could affect your reception 

I am seeing a picture but its pixelated and sometimes squeaks out pitch tones 

If there is heavy weather conditions outside then the UHF Digital signal will encounter a "RAIN FADE"  A rain fade occurs when the line of sight to the local transmitter is interrupted usually by heavy rain and/or thunderstorms. You may need to wait untill conditions improve before normal pictures return. If you still have this issue please consult your local installer or realign the aerial.

I can only watch one group of channels (e.g. TVNZ 1, TVNZ 2, TVNZ 1 +1 , TVNZ 2 +1)

Channels on Freeview via UHF are broadcasted to you using different frequencies knowen as a "MUX", some of these frequencies are weaker or stronger than the rest so it might be best to check your antenna and get a installer (or yourself) to realign You can learn more about the groups here

These help topics are generic and are provided from the community, your Freeview situation may be different and recommend a installer to check out your setup.

Views: 780

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't had a problem with freeview until now all I get is a black screen have reinstalled freeview turned everything off at wall but still no freeview.  All channels are working great on uhf but nothing on freeview only a black screen on a samsung tizen 2016

I am having the same EXACT same issue ! I’ve always had Freeview working fine and then all of a sudden all I get is a black screen. I’ve tried the same as the other poster, pulled all the plugs, removed and put Freeview on again, etc etc and it’s just the same black screen. I’ve emailed freeview already with all the details so I won’t repeat them all again here, just a big HELP !!! Oh yes, I have a Samsung Series 6 bought in 2017 with Freeview fully loaded.  

Hey Eden I think that they may have discarded this app I just tried mine again and still black screen, I can still get freeview on demand by pressing the red button for the freeview guide and up along the top is demand go to top and click on demand and you get the freeview on demand.

Another way is when you change channels it comes up what's on that channel at the bottom of your tv if you click along to the end of that you'll see the words guide and demand click on demand and you'll get it

I much preferred the freeview app on demand as it is so simple hope this helps 

Eden Moss said:

I am having the same EXACT same issue ! I’ve always had Freeview working fine and then all of a sudden all I get is a black screen. I’ve tried the same as the other poster, pulled all the plugs, removed and put Freeview on again, etc etc and it’s just the same black screen. I’ve emailed freeview already with all the details so I won’t repeat them all again here, just a big HELP !!! Oh yes, I have a Samsung Series 6 bought in 2017 with Freeview fully loaded.  

Hi Maxine, thanks for taking the time to reply to this, it’s really appreciated ! Unfortunately I think we must have different set up systems as I have no red button anywhere for a Freeview guide, I can bring that up no problem though, it’s only the on demand that won’t open. Your other way of fixing it is again something that isn’t available on my tv unfortunately. 

I’ve received an email from Freeview saying they’re looking into this, so fingers crossed !

Id be very surprised if they are cutting this out already as i thought it was only recently restructured. I hope not as I like shows on bravo that I’m now having to watch on my iPad. I’ve installed the TVNZ app, Incase you don’t know about that, they do have their own app for all their shows, and it’s working fine thankfully, may be something for you to try out ? It’s in the apps store at the bottom of your screen when you select what ‘source’ you want to watch, assuming it’s like that on your tv of course.

Anyways thanks again ! 

Maxine Strachan said:

Hey Eden I think that they may have discarded this app I just tried mine again and still black screen, I can still get freeview on demand by pressing the red button for the freeview guide and up along the top is demand go to top and click on demand and you get the freeview on demand.

Another way is when you change channels it comes up what's on that channel at the bottom of your tv if you click along to the end of that you'll see the words guide and demand click on demand and you'll get it

Eden Moss said:

There is a issue affecting ONDEMAND via Samsung TVs you can check the latest on this here https://freeviewforum.co.nz/forum/topics/issues-affecting-freeview-...

Maxine Strachan said:

I haven't had a problem with freeview until now all I get is a black screen have reinstalled freeview turned everything off at wall but still no freeview.  All channels are working great on uhf but nothing on freeview only a black screen on a samsung tizen 2016

here is a issue affecting ONDEMAND via Samsung TVs you can check the latest on this here https://freeviewforum.co.nz/forum/topics/issues-affecting-freeview-...

Maxine Strachan said:

Eden Moss said:

here is a issue affecting ONDEMAND via Samsung TVs you can check the latest on this here https://freeviewforum.co.nz/forum/topics/issues-affecting-freeview-...

Eden Moss said:

Thank you Josh

a couple of those links were broken, I got 3 emails with links but only one worked, but the one that did shows me there is a known issue of some kind and they’re looking into it, and it’s affecting older TVs. I wouldn’t of thought my 2 year old Smart tv was considered old ! I’ll keep checking that other page for any updates & thank you for finding out the information for me :) 

Josh ✔️ said:

Eden Moss said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service