Hi,
I have a Haier LED TV that I purchased overseas. Ever since we came to NZ we used a Sky box and had the channels through that. I have finally cancelled by Sky subscription, and am trying to get Freeview working, but plugging directly to that wall and tuning does not work. After some research, I found Freeview compatibility is a thing, and realise that my TV may not be compatible as it was purchased overseas. Anyone else has tried Haier TV models, or other overseas models?

I also saw some antennas at the warehouse, and I wonder if those allow me to watch Freeview even if my TV is not compatible? Or are those merely a replacement for the wall socket when you don't have one?

Any guidance will be much appreciated.

Views: 534

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As you bought the TV overseas and it's a brand not retailed in NZ it's highly unlikely it will receive Freeview NZ. Our Freeview channel spacings and transmission protocols are different to most other countries. Most OZ and some UK TVs are now compatible but if you bought it anywhere else I doubt it will work. If it doesn't have NZ as a selection for Region in the setup menu it definitely won't work. You will need a Freeview compatible UHF or Sat STB or a new TV.

Check under the 'Resources' button at the top of the page and you will find all the info you need.

Thanks!!

Biggles said:

As you bought the TV overseas and it's a brand not retailed in NZ it's highly unlikely it will receive Freeview NZ. Our Freeview channel spacings and transmission protocols are different to most other countries. Most OZ and some UK TVs are now compatible but if you bought it anywhere else I doubt it will work. If it doesn't have NZ as a selection for Region in the setup menu it definitely won't work. You will need a Freeview compatible UHF or Sat STB or a new TV.

Check under the 'Resources' button at the top of the page and you will find all the info you need.

First issue is the tuner. Freeview HD requires a DVB-T tuner. Looking at Haier TVs on Amazon implies that TV has ATSC tuner designed for US market. Totally different system that are incompatible with each other.

Second issue is the signal. DVB-T services are terrestrial and require an antenna. You can't use a Sky dish outlet as signal source.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service