Anyone having problems with programs not starting. All I get is the channel logo sit there and do nothing. I've reset my modem a few times and reset the set-top box with no luck.

Views: 5156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Dawn, 

Interesting, I have passed this through to the developers, but we certainly don't want you waiting 12 Mins for things to start. 

If anyone can continue sending info about their setup (See my previous question about this, please let me know. 

Josh

Dawn Scotting said:

Have you tried waiting to see if it starts? I'm having the same problem but have found that if I wait 12 mins or so the programme starts just fine, it's finding something else to do for 12 mins that is bugging me!!

Julie S said:

Yes I am having the same issue. I recently bought a T2100 Dish TV box which was brilliant but now On Demand is broken again. Have rebooted, replugged everything, but On Demand still sits on the station logos and doesn't go anywhere else. I contacted DISH TV  who have replied to me and say that it is a fault that they are working on with Freeview to fix. So, I guess we have to be patient.

As per Dawn's post I eventually had time to leave a load screen on for a while and go do something else. I also managed to get a show playing after about 15 minutes - 'The Gulf'

Also eliminated the possibility of router settings being a problem(had tried both wired and wireless)by hotspotting to phone which loaded the GUI very fast on 4G but the same issue with the load screen hanging.

yes I am waiting 12 to 15 mins for the programmes to load and they play fine 

Hi 

I am really annoyed about this.

I was almost at the stage of purchase a new freeview as thought after many reboots and turning off and on for over a week only to find out this problem of no playback(only logo) shows is a common issue.

Why has there been no communication about this. What do I do? Hurry up and wait?

I share your frustration Tracy. The lack of communication and updates is glaring. It took nearly a week for FV to change the network status page even though Dish were getting numerous calls about the problem, Now we just sit and wait with no idea.

A FV change created this problem and although I'm sure they are working on solving what they created at what point does my purchase of a STB that promised 'Freeview On Demand' on the box become a poor choice. Is there a timeframe by which you will stop annoying everyone and roll back the buggy work? You can then fix at your leisure and not ours.

Tracy said:

Hi 

I was almost at the stage of purchase a new freeview as thought after many reboots and turning off and on for over a week only to find out this problem of no playback(only logo) shows is a common issue.

Why has there been no communication about this. What do I do? Hurry up and wait?

Hi Tracy

It's a very tricky one so it's taking the platform dev team & Dish TV team longer to investigate, but they are and have been working on it!  By the way, technical updates & faults that are being investigated are posted on the Network Status page here

Thanks for your patience, 

Josh

Tracy said:

Hi 

Hi Josh

There has been no communication other than this site. I am not one to jump online and start a forum.

The general public like myself do a Google search, look for software updates or read the news to find answers. We had no idea whats been going on and honestly slightly relieved to hear I am not the only one as like I said i was heading out to purchase another freeview.

Do the retail outlets know there is a problem? I hope innocent people are not buying new.

Anyway - best of luck fixing 

Thanks

Josh ✔️ said:

Hi Tracy

It's a very tricky one so it's taking the platform dev team & Dish TV team longer to investigate, but they are and have been working on it!  By the way, technical updates & faults that are being investigated are posted on the Network Status page here

Thanks for your patience, 

Josh

Tracy said:

Hi 

Thanks for the updates on the Status page. Saves us all trying to see if a fix has been found yet.

Not a problem at all, 

We are here to help :-)

Josh

Rick H said:

Thanks for the updates on the Status page. Saves us all trying to see if a fix has been found yet.

I tried to watch something On Demand on my Dish TV T2100 around midnight last night to see if it was working yet. I was optimistic when it did move past the station logo in a few seconds, but then I realised that the box had crashed and was spontaneously rebooting, and then I was back to normal TV. I tried this several times with the programme I was trying to watch - Claws. Same result each time. I also tried with several random programmes and it was the same thing - move quickly past the station logo, crash, then spontaneously reboot, play normal TV.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is this a sign of progress? Or, is the issue getting way worse?

Afternoon Julie, 

We have identified the rebooting on DISH TV products which we have picked up on a different discussion here:  https://freeviewforum.co.nz/forum/topics/box-keeps-turning-off-and-...

The team are working hard to fix this, you can see up to date via the Network Status page here: https://freeviewforum.co.nz/page/network-status

Kind Regards

Josh

Julie S said:

I tried to watch something On Demand on my Dish TV T2100 around midnight last night to see if it was working yet. I was optimistic when it did move past the station logo in a few seconds, but then I realised that the box had crashed and was spontaneously rebooting, and then I was back to normal TV. I tried this several times with the programme I was trying to watch - Claws. Same result each time. I also tried with several random programmes and it was the same thing - move quickly past the station logo, crash, then spontaneously reboot, play normal TV.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is this a sign of progress? Or, is the issue getting way worse?

It is all very well telling people to send more details or submit a ticket but nothing is being done to fix the issue. It would appear that Freeview has made software changes without thorough testing and hence many of us are unable to see any programmes On Demand. My flatmate has a DISH tuner and we have reset it etc. I did submit a ticket on his behalf but neither of us has had a response, how rude! He received an email saying a password change had been requested, what a joke as none had been!!

It is about time Freeview sorted this or rolled the software back to a place where we can all see On Demand.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service