I have the Sony X9000E and ever since the Freeview upgrade, I've had some issues.

First off, the miniguide was offset by random amounts of time almost always, but that seems to be a known issue that is being worked on.

However, since a couple of days ago, my miniguide, EPG and basically any Freeview feature is not working anymore. The preinstalled Sony EPG works great so it must be a problem caused by Freeview.

Views: 924

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When you say "upgrade" when and what was that? I am in Wellington and use the Fitzherbert infill site and from about 30th July my EPG has stopped working on TV1,2, 3 and Bravo on two of my three devices. One is a Sony TV and the other is a HTPC running MediaPortal.

Attachments:

I have a Dish TV TP1050 PVR Freeview box and experiencing same issue with EPG. From Fri 27 July it wasn't showing any programmes past Friday 4 August. Have unplugged and done factory reset and got next week's worth of programmes yesterday so reprogrammed all series I record. Today back to 'Loading... ' when I press EPG and nothing else happening. Any thoughts?

The Freeview upgrade that happened a couple weeks ago that updated the miniguide, EPG and OnDemand features

Brad Naylor said:

When you say "upgrade" when and what was that? I am in Wellington and use the Fitzherbert infill site and from about 30th July my EPG has stopped working on TV1,2, 3 and Bravo on two of my three devices. One is a Sony TV and the other is a HTPC running MediaPortal.

I have a thread going on geekzone as my main concern is my media PC. It appears the EPG comes in two formats MHEG5 and EIT, which I did not know. One of the people with the issue and working on it is in Dunedin so it looks like its country wide. It appears the MHEG5 is not being populated by some providers. Not sue if that is because they are dumping MHEG5 as I think it is the old method or they just have a fault. You have got to love these Tech guys that know their stuff, I am just a user so panic when it does not work.

The techo's at geekzone have come up with a fix for my media centre PC using the EIT protocol so I am happy, although my old Sony TV does not work. My newer LG does. However one of the techos did a test from Wharite which is in Palmerston North and its OK on MHEG5 so the assumption is that Freeview have a fault updating that protocol. Trouble is I have no idea who you call to tell them.

I'm in Dunedin area, my epg won't load either, just says it's loading. Panasonic DVD recorder.

Hmm... My issue seems different your guys'. My TV does nothing at all when I try to use the freeview features. All I can do is channel surf and use my TV's miniguide and EPG, not freeviews. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service