Have not been able to view Freeview - all
I get is a black screen from my app on my Samsung Smart Tv 4HD - tried reinstall but still the problem - it has been like this since last week

Views: 3093

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have version 1.1.5 updated 29/11/2018 it says latest version

Done all that and more,the hotfix aint that hot.

Bel @ Freeview said:

Hey Rachel,

You shouldn't need to reinstall, the app should update itself to the version (1.12) with the hotfix.  If it hasn't already updated, try rebooting the TV at the wall (unplug from power and leave for 10mins before turning it back on).

Thanks!

Bel

Hey guys, v sorry to hear the hotfix hasn't worked for you. :(

Thanks for taking the time to detail everything, I've passed this on and asked for this to be escalated again so we can understand what's going on here.

Hey guys I done what was said to do u.nplugged every thing waited over 10 minutes re plugged in waited till wifi had kicked in still black screen on freeview on demand app just tried it again and still black screen. It has worked no problem before until about 10 days ago. It's so annoying

I have a 2016 samsung tizen KU6000SXNZ.

My freeview on demand app says latest version 1.1.5 dated 29/11/2018 as well no hot fix here just black screen

I like everyone else have done everything that’s been told to us to do to hopefully fix this, but also like everyone else it’s still not working. 

I managed to find it in apps and find the version which seems to be the latest one, see photo.

But good news ! I did find one thing that worked with the app, that it actually allows me to do, wait for it ... change my 5 star rating to a 1 .. is it wrong I found that immensely satisfying ? ;)

so for for now I guess we just sit and wait, and so must a lot of others I guess who haven’t found their way onto this forum, I’d love to know just how wide spread this is .. 

Hi Eden,

It is frustrating!  Especially when you get an email from them saying that they have fixed it and all you need to do is turn your TV off at the wall and reboot it....  Tried that 30 times already but tried again and it's still not working!  Thanks for the heads up about changing the rating though!

Treena Shrimpton said:

Hi Eden,

It is frustrating!  Especially when you get an email from them saying that they have fixed it and all you need to do is turn your TV off at the wall and reboot it....  Tried that 30 times already but tried again and it's still not working!  Thanks for the heads up about changing the rating though!

Yes it’s very frustrating I have reset my tv maybe 10 times each time I have to input my passwords for YouTube,Netflix,lightbox etc.i got an email this morning today they are working on this

in the meantime don’t hold your breath

John said:

Treena Shrimpton said:

Hi Eden,

Maybe someone should go on TradeMe and post in the general forum on there pointing anyone this way if they’re having the same issues, the more the merrier ..

If it’s not fixed soon I am going to contact FairGo 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service