Hi, 

I'm just looking for some help. I've recently bought Panasonic Smart TV which has got inbuilt freeview. I'm renting an apartment in Mt Albert and my apartment has got wall mounted jacks. I've got the cable which goes to the TV from wall mount, after connecting the TV to the wall mount when I start searching/scanning for channels, it gives no result at all. I'm just wondering do I need any kind of device or something to make freeview work? Where exactly is the issue?

If someone can help, that would be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Jaynish

Views: 955

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well what's connected to the wall socket at the roof end? Is it a UHF Antenna or a Dish. What model of TV? Does it have Sat and UHF Tuners? More info needed. Perhaps upload a picture of your wall jacks and how you are connecting?

Hi,

I'm also looking for some advice on a Samsung TV with inbuilt freeview. Up until a few weeks ago I was able to tune into all Freeview channels, but now I can't get Maori or Prime channels. I rang the Samsung helpdesk and they advised to disconnect the power plugs from the wall, then reconnect them, which I did, but still can't get these 2 channels.

Are you able to throw some light on this please? A previous post by another member who had a similar issue was given the advice to check the antenna & cabling, but I can't see a problem there....although I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for.

Would appreciate any help. 

Thanks.

Adele 

Hi Please see the pics I've uploaded. I'm connecting the cable with wall jack and at the back of my TV panel where it says satellite. Also it gives me error of LNB configuration.

Biggles said:

Well what's connected to the wall socket at the roof end? Is it a UHF Antenna or a Dish. What model of TV? Does it have Sat and UHF Tuners? More info needed. Perhaps upload a picture of your wall jacks and how you are connecting?

Also my TV has 3 options, 

1, Digital TV

2, Satellite TV 

3, Analog TV

I'm not 100% sure whether it would be satellite or digital TV.
Biggles said:

OK. Thanks for the pictures. Makes things much easier. The two wall sockets both have f type connector so logically one is satellite and the other is UHF. Unfortunately they are not labelled. Best way to start is try the outside socket and connect to ANT input on the TV. You may need an adaptor. Disregard Analogue. There is no Analogue TV anymore. Go to Digital and then Autotune and if you get nothing try the other wall socket. This is best way to go as UHF is HD and Satellite is rather poor quality SD.

If you get signals then all is good.

Next try the sat socket on the TV connected to suspected sat socket on the wall and try auttuning for satellite. The normal LNB freq is 10750 but some are 11300. If you get no signal strength on one then try the other.

Once the sockets are identified put a label on them.

Finally, once everything is tuned, connect to Ethernet socket and make sure other end is connected to you modem/router.

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it. I've never used such things before so I'm little bit useless with this. Also some of the terminology is difficult to understand. Would you mind giving me your contact number please?

Biggles said:

OK. Thanks for the pictures. Makes things much easier. The two wall sockets both have f type connector so logically one is satellite and the other is UHF. Unfortunately they are not labelled. Best way to start is try the outside socket and connect to ANT input on the TV. You may need an adaptor. Disregard Analogue. There is no Analogue TV anymore. Go to Digital and then Autotune and if you get nothing try the other wall socket. This is best way to go as UHF is HD and Satellite is rather poor quality SD.

If you get signals then all is good.

Next try the sat socket on the TV connected to suspected sat socket on the wall and try auttuning for satellite. The normal LNB freq is 10750 but some are 11300. If you get no signal strength on one then try the other.

Once the sockets are identified put a label on them.

Finally, once everything is tuned, connect to Ethernet socket and make sure other end is connected to you modem/router.

Don't know that I can help much more by direct contact. Once you have hooked the cable to the TV ANT input socket and plugged the other end to the wall socket (try each of them) go to Digital and follow the manual. I'm not familiar with the TV model and don't have the manual so I'd be working in the dark effectively. Because the sockets are not identified you really need somebody onsite to sort it out if you have no luck. Whoever manages the apartments should be able to help out too with info re signal distribution to the apartment.

I Don't know your location but I'm in Beach Haven.

I'm currently in Mt Albert. Also I'm unable to figure out the LNB paragraph. The first one makes clear sense. I'll try that at home tonight and see how it goes. Also the TV model is 

PANASONIC 55EX640 55 UHD 4K

If that doesn't help I'll message here again.

Thanks

1. Biggles said:

Don't know that I can help much more by direct contact. Once you have hooked the cable to the TV ANT input socket and plugged the other end to the wall socket (try each of them) go to Digital and follow the manual. I'm not familiar with the TV model and don't have the manual so I'd be working in the dark effectively. Because the sockets are not identified you really need somebody onsite to sort it out if you have no luck. Whoever manages the apartments should be able to help out too with info re signal distribution to the apartment.

hey, that worked, I had to buy a convertor. 

Thanks a lot for your help.  :)

Biggles said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service