For a few weeks now I have only been able to receive TVNZ 2 (CH 35 1201) in 720x576 resolution and 2.0 sound. Other HD channels are working as expected TVNZ 1, 3, Maori etc. 

I typically use an HDHomeRun device to receive Freeview, however I have tried connecting the aerial directly to my Freeview compatible TV and get the same low-res broadcast. 

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it possible that the transmission from Popoiti has been miss-configured or something along those lines? Who could I contact to find out more information? 

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good Morning Logan 

From our list here there should be a HD version of TVNZ 2 as there are no works on the transmission tower, you can contact Kordia which looks after the Otahoua transmission tower for Wairarapa, you can contact them here 0800 KORDIA https://www.kordia.co.nz/contact 

Regards

Josh

Wairarapa is from popoiti which is jda

Thanks. I'll contact JDA. 

Just to follow up on this and give the thread some closure.

After discussion with JDA, and them to TVNZ, it turns out that the broadcast feed at Popoiti had fallen to the backup satellite feed, which is SD. This had gone unnoticed and has now been rectified. 

JDA were very helpful and friendly while working to resolve this issue, so kudos to them! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Quick Tools

Latest Activity

Biggles replied to Stuart Mackay's discussion New home, existing satellite dish and new Dish-TV S8100
"You probably need to change the LNB Frequency in your setup menu. If you can get on the roof you…"
yesterday
Josh Hill ✔️ replied to Stuart Mackay's discussion New home, existing satellite dish and new Dish-TV S8100
"Hi Stuart,  SKY doesn't block satellite dish's, I would check on a few things…"
Wednesday
Stuart Mackay posted a discussion

New home, existing satellite dish and new Dish-TV S8100

Hi all,Just moved into a new property in Wellington which has an existing Sky satellite (last…See More
Wednesday
Carole replied to Murray Glue's discussion Dish TV and S7070rHD-XM
"Thanks Murray that makes me feel a lot better! I've also managed to resolve my problem with a…"
Tuesday
Murray Glue replied to Murray Glue's discussion Dish TV and S7070rHD-XM
"Please disregard the above. I got hold of a man with a tuning box with which we found that the dish…"
Tuesday
Murray Glue replied to Murray Glue's discussion Dish TV and S7070rHD-XM
"I agree Carole, and I am a technician with experience in satellite tracking systems in marine…"
Monday
Carole replied to Murray Glue's discussion Dish TV and S7070rHD-XM
"I don't find the manual at all simple to follow. It is written in technical geekspeak which…"
Monday
Josh Hill ✔️ replied to rebecca's discussion Samsung
"Hi Rebecca  Could you explain in more detail, have you checked that the TV  is connected…"
Monday

Connect With Us!

© 2018   Created by Bel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service