For a few weeks now I have only been able to receive TVNZ 2 (CH 35 1201) in 720x576 resolution and 2.0 sound. Other HD channels are working as expected TVNZ 1, 3, Maori etc. 

I typically use an HDHomeRun device to receive Freeview, however I have tried connecting the aerial directly to my Freeview compatible TV and get the same low-res broadcast. 

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it possible that the transmission from Popoiti has been miss-configured or something along those lines? Who could I contact to find out more information? 

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good Morning Logan 

From our list here there should be a HD version of TVNZ 2 as there are no works on the transmission tower, you can contact Kordia which looks after the Otahoua transmission tower for Wairarapa, you can contact them here 0800 KORDIA https://www.kordia.co.nz/contact 

Regards

Josh

Wairarapa is from popoiti which is jda

Thanks. I'll contact JDA. 

Just to follow up on this and give the thread some closure.

After discussion with JDA, and them to TVNZ, it turns out that the broadcast feed at Popoiti had fallen to the backup satellite feed, which is SD. This had gone unnoticed and has now been rectified. 

JDA were very helpful and friendly while working to resolve this issue, so kudos to them! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Quick Tools

Latest Activity

willis replied to Maraea Robertson's discussion Lost Maori Channels
"If you..manually search ch 39(618.00 mhz) should be right someones left the bit out of network info…"
1 hour ago
Josh Hill ✔️ replied to Josh Hill ✔️'s discussion Freeview launches set to transform TV
"Hey James,  Thats a question for Dish TV, not us.  CheersJosh"
15 hours ago
Biggles replied to Maraea Robertson's discussion Lost Maori Channels
"Maybe you should be tuning…"
16 hours ago
Brian Gray replied to Maraea Robertson's discussion Lost Maori Channels
"Same problem on my Panasonic TH-55DX here in Rotorua. Auto scan picks up all channels except Maori…"
18 hours ago
willis replied to Josh Hill ✔️'s discussion Freeview launches set to transform TV
"a lot of new stuff takes quite a while to shake out all the bugs"
yesterday
willis replied to Biggles's discussion Freeview EPG
"EPG issue yesterday on Panasonic TV and dish t 1050 would ignore EPG button on tvnz MUX,please…"
yesterday
James Eaton replied to Josh Hill ✔️'s discussion Freeview launches set to transform TV
"Will we see updates to the firmware for the current Dish TV products? Don't want to buy one…"
yesterday
A discussion started by Josh Hill ✔️ was featured

Freeview launches set to transform TV

PRESS RELEASE | Thursday 19th October, 2017Freeview has today announced the launch of an innovative…See More
yesterday

Connect With Us!

© 2017   Created by Bel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service