Hi everyone, 

So I live in a rental apartment in the very centre of Auckland City, and have purchased a DishTV Freeview HD Box (UHF) and am trying to receive signal.

I did the initial scan and got a selection of channels like Sommet Sports, Parliament TV, Maori TV, etc, but no 1, 2, 3, FOUR, etc. I barely got any picture on the channels I did get, and it eventually came up with a box saying No Signal.

I repeated the scan a couple times to no avail, and upon choosing Manual Search, I didn't quite know what to do. I have learnt of a frequency number in Auckland based at the SkyTower and this particular frequency number isn't supplying me with any channels on the scan.

I'm 19 and hopeless with TVs and this kind of thing, I don't quite know where to go from here unless I pay for someone to come and look at it all for me.

On Manual Search there is opportunity to key in a frequency number and choose a "Channel Number" and "Bandwidth" (6M/7M/8M)

Is anyone else having this problem in Central Auckland and know a solution?

Cheers! :)

Views: 1097

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

You supplied all the info except the type of antenna you are using?

Are you using a rooftop UHF antenna that is also shared amongst other residents of the apartment? or a set of "bunny ears" ?

I'm trying to use a rooftop UHF antenna which is shared about the apartment.
Do you think a set of "bunny ears" would help pick up better signal?

If you can't get signals with a rooftop UHF antenn then "Bunny Ears" will be useless.

Sounds like you have an antenna or cabling problem.

I'd check with the other tenants to see what reception they get and if they have problems as well then get the landlord to have the antenna installation checked.

Frequencies can be found here.

http://www.freeviewshop.co.nz/digital-terrestrial-i-8.html

P.S. Bandwidth in NZ is 8mhz.

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service