T2200 shows highly visible and highly annoying FreeviewPlus banner when changing channels

Purchased T2200 on March 18. As part of installation, the latest firmware was applied.

If the box is booted up connected to the Internet, a highly visible FreeviewPlus banner ("press [red button] to start FreevewPlus") is shown every time I change channels. Incredibly annoying. It is like getting a popup advertisement in an internet browser.

The banner does not disappear over time and cannot be disabled in settings. It feels like someone hits you over head every time you change channels. The banner also appears when returning from PVR or settings menus.

The only solution I found so far is to boot the box up with no Internet connection. Then,  the banner does not appear, but FreeviewPlus functionality is not available.  

Views: 401

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Alexei

The pop up banner is a feature installed in all FreeviewPlus products and there is currently no manual way to turn the banner off. We are always looking to improve FreeviewPlus so I will flick a message to the team to look into.

Cheers
Josh

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service