Hi,

I have a imported a English caravan with the above Ariel. Is this Ariel suitable?

Information:   http://www.visionplus.co.uk/shop/status-550.html

Dave J

Views: 3547

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Looks perfectly suitable to me for terrestrial reception.

Strange, I hooked it all up to a new Uniden TV with built in Freeview tuner and no channels are detected?

Biggles said:

Looks perfectly suitable to me for terrestrial reception.

Are you in an locaction that receives terrestrial freeview?

Yes Kumeu An inside aerial is working fine inside the house with another TV

Aaron Butler said:

Are you in an locaction that receives terrestrial freeview?

Stupid question - I presume you are using the powered interface and not just plugging the antenn straight into the TV?

Have you tried it inside with the other TV?

I have tried it both direct and through the Amplifier. Nothing seems to work. I mainly wanted to check the aerial/amp was suitable for the freeview transmission. Next I will try interchanging components.

Biggles said:

Stupid question - I presume you are using the powered interface and not just plugging the antenn straight into the TV?

Have you tried it inside with the other TV?

Hi Dave,

I tried, unsuccessfully, to pick up any signals off exactly the same aerial, on a caravan from England, recently.

All I could get was FM radio reception but absolutely no Freeview TV or radio channels. I finally concluded that either the aerial or the amplifier wasn't compatable with our "unique" system in NZ.

Maybe you need to make a call to England.

Cheers,  Bill.

From reading the blurb on their website it would appear to be just an amplified UHF antenna. So I see no reason why connecting the antenna to the interface, applying power to it's power socket and connecting the antenna out to the TV it wouldn't work. The DAB radio part will definitely not work as there are no DAB radio broadcasts in NZ.

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service