There's a note on FOUR's website saying they're moving frequencies... what's the deal?

Views: 2993

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is very interesting.
No mention of changes on the Prime TV web site.
But even more interestingly, I could find nothing about these frequency changes on the FreeviewNZ web site.
Come on Freeview, are you guys asleep at the wheel?

I know we satellite Freeview users are a really small minority, but it is not our fault we have no terrestrial coverage. Please keep us informed.

Alan

Hi Alan,

More details will be released Wednesday. I will be working to get the information all ready.

Alan Douglas said:

This is very interesting.
No mention of changes on the Prime TV web site.
But even more interestingly, I could find nothing about these frequency changes on the FreeviewNZ web site.
Come on Freeview, are you guys asleep at the wheel?

I know we satellite Freeview users are a really small minority, but it is not our fault we have no terrestrial coverage. Please keep us informed.

Alan

Thanks Josh,

It is good to know that you Freeview dudes are on to it.

You, or others on the forum, may be able to clarify something else for me.

Freeview NZ has standardised on the MHEG system? As far as I am aware this provides us with a consistent EPG look and feel across all Freeview certified devices. But, in addition, it should  allow devices to automatically reconfigure themselves when channels are added, deleted, or existing channel frequencies are changed.

So why do we need to manually re-scan our satellite receivers for these changes?? Shouldn't it just happen automagically?

(Well, I know that did not happen for many people after the first PrimeTV change as can still be seen on this forum.)

So what is happening here? Manufacturers not implementing MHEG correctly on their devices? Broadcasters not  sending the correct data? NZ has not implemented MHEG correctly? There are bugs in the MHEG protocol and it just doesn't work?

Thanks

Alan

Hi Alan 

We have built pages in this forum about the changes and they will go live once we get given the all clear. 

Freeview Approved devices will be able to get the new channels automatically however there might be a few which need firmware to get the Transponder loaded so that when the channels are added in the MHEG stream, the unit can easily switch over the channels. 

The complexity of the Freeview Satellite platform is that the Transponders are owned by SKY, so effectively any changes that needs a Free to Air channel to move over to a SKY frequency will require Freeview Approved devices to know that is is what they should scan for. 


Alan Douglas said:

Thanks Josh,

It is good to know that you Freeview dudes are on to it.

You, or others on the forum, may be able to clarify something else for me.

Freeview NZ has standardised on the MHEG system? As far as I am aware this provides us with a consistent EPG look and feel across all Freeview certified devices. But, in addition, it should  allow devices to automatically reconfigure themselves when channels are added, deleted, or existing channel frequencies are changed.

So why do we need to manually re-scan our satellite receivers for these changes?? Shouldn't it just happen automagically?

(Well, I know that did not happen for many people after the first PrimeTV change as can still be seen on this forum.)

So what is happening here? Manufacturers not implementing MHEG correctly on their devices? Broadcasters not  sending the correct data? NZ has not implemented MHEG correctly? There are bugs in the MHEG protocol and it just doesn't work?

Thanks

Alan

Thanks again Josh,

That all makes sense to me. And gives me yet another reason to hate Sky..

Alan

test 1,2,3 running on 12519h,22500

I think you will find most of the issues last time were from users with 3rd party receivers. Some of the Cheap Chinese junk on Trademe don't even come with manuals. Or have Chinglish instructions on how to add new services

A basic fix to add the 3 channels on 12519 H on non certified "FTA" receivers would be

Go in your manual search menu, choose T.P 12519 H (which should already be stored)

Set NIT  search scan OFF

Scan for "FTA only"

start the scan,

TEST1, TEST2, TEST3

should appear and you are done.,

But much better to wait until they name them, then delete the previous and move them where you like in the channel list.

Hi Guys 

The channels on the new frequency will officially come out of testing in the morning of the 24th May that is when the change commences. Please watch our forum homepage as we will add an image to link to the detailed info page for all approved receivers.  

"nzdtv" As there are some of us out there that still have working Zinwell 7500 and dse 7500 sat boxes it is nice to know the details so we can retune them manually and the 4 boxes I have were never bought from trade me only reputable dealers

nzdtv.com said:

I think you will find most of the issues last time were from users with 3rd party receivers. Some of the Cheap Chinese junk on Trademe don't even come with manuals. Or have Chinglish instructions on how to add new services

A basic fix to add the 3 channels on 12519 H on non certified "FTA" receivers would be

Go in your manual search menu, choose T.P 12519 H (which should already be stored)

Set NIT  search scan OFF

Scan for "FTA only"

start the scan,

TEST1, TEST2, TEST3

should appear and you are done.,

But much better to wait until they name them, then delete the previous and move them where you like in the channel list.

Hi David 

Good News, I have received the instructions and will update the photo guide of the dsezinwell guide to tuning in the three channels. Because these channels are not live yet there is no point in opening the pages for tuning, If you don't care about missing out on Four Plus 1, Prime and Edge TV for a few weeks, let me know via private message and I can send you a link. 

Josh


David Lipscombe said:

"nzdtv" As there are some of us out there that still have working Zinwell 7500 and dse 7500 sat boxes it is nice to know the details so we can retune them manually and the 4 boxes I have were never bought from trade me only reputable dealers

nzdtv.com said:

I think you will find most of the issues last time were from users with 3rd party receivers. Some of the Cheap Chinese junk on Trademe don't even come with manuals. Or have Chinglish instructions on how to add new services

A basic fix to add the 3 channels on 12519 H on non certified "FTA" receivers would be

Go in your manual search menu, choose T.P 12519 H (which should already be stored)

Set NIT  search scan OFF

Scan for "FTA only"

start the scan,

TEST1, TEST2, TEST3

should appear and you are done.,

But much better to wait until they name them, then delete the previous and move them where you like in the channel list.

I will wait until the time it needs to be done Josh as they are in my spare rooms and right now there is no-one in them

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Quick Tools

Latest Activity

Biggles replied to John Ridgway's discussion YAGI-type UHF Aerial in the sitting room?
"No."
15 minutes ago
Josh Hill ✔️ replied to John Ridgway's discussion YAGI-type UHF Aerial in the sitting room?
"Hi John  Thanks for your question, it's a good one!There have been no reports of aerials…"
1 hour ago
Josh Hill ✔️ replied to CRAIG ROBERTSON's discussion ON DEMAND FREEZES
"Hi Craig,  Are you able to tell me which app on Freeview On Demand you are having issues with?…"
1 hour ago
John Ridgway posted a discussion

YAGI-type UHF Aerial in the sitting room?

We are in a tiny flat with no access to mounting an aerial outside.We have put our YAGI-type UHF…See More
2 hours ago
CRAIG ROBERTSON posted a discussion

ON DEMAND FREEZES

Hi team,I recently purchased a Samsung HD Smart TV, UA43M5500ASXNZUnfortunately, your Freeview on…See More
4 hours ago

Dish TV
Dish TV Support replied to Trudy knighton's discussion Lost Internet connection
"Hi It would be best if you could contact our support team while in front of the unit. Call from a…"
Wednesday
Grant Morris replied to Grant Morris's discussion Panasonic TH-32ES500Z built in satellite tuner - no signal
"Thanks for all the advice but after trying everything I still couldn't get the dish to line up…"
Wednesday
Trudy knighton replied to Trudy knighton's discussion Lost Internet connection
"The guy put in a black dish to box ... Then that looks like it plugs to our sky cable ?"
Wednesday

Connect With Us!

© 2017   Created by Bel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service