We ditched sky for freeview about a year or two ago because of skys ever increasing cost...but have signed up for sky again because were sick of our spastic satbox!!!
One problem after another...

Eg...if we are watching something from the library & a program starts to record it interferes with playback ie the next time you try to fast forward at the ads it takes you back to the start or goes blank & wont respond & you have to switch the box off & start over & find your place again...this happens frequently because we record everthing we want to watch so we can ff through the ads

Often after you watch something it wont show youve watched it so you delete the last program in the list only for the one youve watched to pop up again so youve deleted one you havent watched, so we have to try & memorise what date we are watching

Sometimes after we watch something & we go back it shows the same date twice & you have to exit & go back into lib to make it come right

Sometimes it doesnt even record a listed program

Today it split up all our series into smaller lots & ive switched it off at the wall, tried resorting but to no avail...

So had enough...back to pay tv for us

And you can rewind like the ads say, unless youre recording live tv...but seriously who duz that?

Views: 2918

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I too have a satbox s8200 .bought Jan 2016

I just recently had a firmware update and now the power button ( I have to manually turn the box on now) and back button  on my remote does not work( and yes have replaced the batteries) and the epg now just goes to tv ondemand.

Quite a hassle getting to program a recording as I did not get any instructions how to do it now that it has changed so had to do a little trial and error to find out how.

Everything was working fine before the last update

Hi Gary, we are getting large volume calls and messages about the new EPG change, The EPG change is due to a Freeview requirement, we have to follow these requirements and we understand this may not suit everyone. You can still access the old EPG under... MENU - EPG - MHEG EPG.

When in the new FreeviewPlus EPG though; select a channel and simply select/highlight a program you wish to record. 
Instead of pressing the "RED" button to set a recording like before, press "OK" and it will give you the option to record.

We are currently updating information i our help pages to adjust to the new update made by Freeview

Kind Regards
Josh - Dish TV Online Support 

Gary Burke said:

I too have a satbox s8200 .bought Jan 2016

I just recently had a firmware update and now the power button ( I have to manually turn the box on now) and back button  on my remote does not work( and yes have replaced the batteries) and the epg now just goes to tv ondemand.

Quite a hassle getting to program a recording as I did not get any instructions how to do it now that it has changed so had to do a little trial and error to find out how.

Everything was working fine before the last update

Reply to Discussion

RSS

NETWORK STATUS ALERTS

See Network Status page for updates.

Freeview On Demand Changes Read More Here

Quick Links

© 2024   Created by Bel @ Freeview.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service