I have followed the instructions  as to how to retune my freeview box  for prime and I have a good clear and strong signal, the problem remains with the message running along the bottom of the screen telling me I will loose prime at the end of October if I do not retune the box.

 

As it appears I have retuned the box correctly , should the message dissapear or do I put up with it untill the end of October.  Not sure if its just me or is the message getting bigger ?????

Tags: DTVS-1B, Prime

Views: 1353

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Do you have more than one Prime  Channel ?

What is the make and model of your freeview box ?

If re-tuned correctly you will have a Prime channel without the message along the bottom of the screen

thanks for your reply Paul,as far as I know I have only the one prime channel.  The make of the box is DTVS-1B.  After retuning I still have the message across the bottom of the screen so I am doing something wrong or I am not doing something right ???

 I tried turning evrything of at the wall but made no difference

 

Are these the instructions you followed ?

originally posted here

Over the past few weeks there have been many changes made to the Freeview channel structure. The changes made allow recovery of some much needed satellite space and collecting of Free To Air services transmitted by Sky.

The recent changes made requires a manual scan to be carried out to re-tune your channels on your DTVS-1B. Please follow these instructions:

To tune PRIME:

1. Press the Menu button on your remote control
2. Select Installation and press the OK button
3. Select Transponder setup and press OK
4. Select "Add" and press OK
5. Enter 12707 under frequency
6. Enter 22500 under Symbolrate
7. Change Polarization to Horz
8. Change Service Type to FTA
9. Change Network Search to off
10. Press OK if you can see signal strength and quality bars come up. See the troubleshooting section below if signal strength and quality are zero.
11. Select Yes when asked "Do you want to scan"and press OK.
12. The tuning window will appear and your receiver will start to search for channels.
13. Once complete, the channels will be saved and the screen will return to "Transponder Setup"
14. Press the Exit button three times to get out of the menu.
15. Check if you have Prime on channel 10

To tune C4:

1. Press the Menu button on your remote control
2. Select Installation and press the OK button
3. Select Transponder setup and press OK
4. Select "Add" and press OK
5. Enter 12644 under frequency
6. Enter 22500 under Symbolrate
7. Change Polarization to Horz
8. Change Service Type to FTA
9. Change Network Search to off
10. Press OK if you can see signal strength and quality bars come up. See the troubleshooting section below if signal strength and quality are zero.
11. Select Yes when asked "Do you want to scan" and press OK.
12. The tuning window will appear and your receiver will start to search for channels.
13. Once complete, the channels will be saved and the screen will return to "Transponder Setup"
14. Press the Exit button three times to get out of the menu.
15. Check if you have C4 on channel 9

To tune TRACKSIDE:

1. Press the Menu button on your remote control
2. Select Installation and press the OK button
3. Select Transponder setup and press OK
4. Select "Add" and press OK
5. Enter 12671 under frequency
6. Enter 22500 under Symbolrate
7. Change Polarization to Horz
8. Change Service Type to FTA
9. Change Network Search to off
10. Press OK if you can see signal strength and quality bars come up. See the troubleshooting section below if signal strength and quality are zero.
11. Select Yes when asked "Do you want to scan" and press OK.
12. The tuning window will appear and your receiver will start to search for channels.
13. Once complete, the channels will be saved and the screen will return to "Transponder Setup"
14. Press the Exit button three times to get out of the menu.
15. Check if you have Trackside on channel 11


Troubleshooting

If you do not see the signal strength and quality value, then please check that you have entered the correct numbers and the settings are the same as given in the instructions. If the settings are correct, then you have a signal problem. This can happen if your signal is coming from the dish incorrectly. It is a common and known issue on many ageing Sky installed dishes on which the LNB (equipment that sits on the arm of the dish) converts the signal incorrectly.

If you are using a Sky dish and you do not see signal strength and quality, you can try the following to force a signal:

Increment the frequency by 3 until you get a signal. For example for Prime, the frequency is 12707 and adding 3 to it will give a new frequency of 12710 and adding another 3 will give 12713.

To get a permanent fix, it is best to replace the malfunctioning LNB as over a period of time, the calculated value will change and you will eventually lose the signal.

yes  they are the instructions I followed

Paul said:

Are these the instructions you followed ?

originally posted here

Over the past few weeks there have been many changes made to the Freeview channel structure. The changes made allow recovery of some much needed satellite space and collecting of Free To Air services transmitted by Sky.

The recent changes made requires a manual scan to be carried out to re-tune your channels on your DTVS-1B. Please follow these instructions:

To tune PRIME:

1. Press the Menu button on your remote control
2. Select Installation and press the OK button
3. Select Transponder setup and press OK
4. Select "Add" and press OK
5. Enter 12707 under frequency
6. Enter 22500 under Symbolrate
7. Change Polarization to Horz
8. Change Service Type to FTA
9. Change Network Search to off
10. Press OK if you can see signal strength and quality bars come up. See the troubleshooting section below if signal strength and quality are zero.
11. Select Yes when asked "Do you want to scan"and press OK.
12. The tuning window will appear and your receiver will start to search for channels.
13. Once complete, the channels will be saved and the screen will return to "Transponder Setup"
14. Press the Exit button three times to get out of the menu.
15. Check if you have Prime on channel 10

To tune C4:

1. Press the Menu button on your remote control
2. Select Installation and press the OK button
3. Select Transponder setup and press OK
4. Select "Add" and press OK
5. Enter 12644 under frequency
6. Enter 22500 under Symbolrate
7. Change Polarization to Horz
8. Change Service Type to FTA
9. Change Network Search to off
10. Press OK if you can see signal strength and quality bars come up. See the troubleshooting section below if signal strength and quality are zero.
11. Select Yes when asked "Do you want to scan" and press OK.
12. The tuning window will appear and your receiver will start to search for channels.
13. Once complete, the channels will be saved and the screen will return to "Transponder Setup"
14. Press the Exit button three times to get out of the menu.
15. Check if you have C4 on channel 9

To tune TRACKSIDE:

1. Press the Menu button on your remote control
2. Select Installation and press the OK button
3. Select Transponder setup and press OK
4. Select "Add" and press OK
5. Enter 12671 under frequency
6. Enter 22500 under Symbolrate
7. Change Polarization to Horz
8. Change Service Type to FTA
9. Change Network Search to off
10. Press OK if you can see signal strength and quality bars come up. See the troubleshooting section below if signal strength and quality are zero.
11. Select Yes when asked "Do you want to scan" and press OK.
12. The tuning window will appear and your receiver will start to search for channels.
13. Once complete, the channels will be saved and the screen will return to "Transponder Setup"
14. Press the Exit button three times to get out of the menu.
15. Check if you have Trackside on channel 11


Troubleshooting

If you do not see the signal strength and quality value, then please check that you have entered the correct numbers and the settings are the same as given in the instructions. If the settings are correct, then you have a signal problem. This can happen if your signal is coming from the dish incorrectly. It is a common and known issue on many ageing Sky installed dishes on which the LNB (equipment that sits on the arm of the dish) converts the signal incorrectly.

If you are using a Sky dish and you do not see signal strength and quality, you can try the following to force a signal:

Increment the frequency by 3 until you get a signal. For example for Prime, the frequency is 12707 and adding 3 to it will give a new frequency of 12710 and adding another 3 will give 12713.

To get a permanent fix, it is best to replace the malfunctioning LNB as over a period of time, the calculated value will change and you will eventually lose the signal.

What channel do you have on channel 10 ?

Raymond MANLEY said:

yes  they are the instructions I followed

PRIME

Paul said:

What channel do you have on channel 10 ?

Raymond MANLEY said:

yes  they are the instructions I followed

Hi Raymond

Not sure if my message went up as I can't see it. My neighbour has the same problem as you, he's in his late 70's and watches Prime regularly, the message won't disappear. I have retuned the sat box for him and picked up  many tv and radio channels. prime is on 10. How do we get rid of that stupid message that gets bigger over time??

 

Hi

Have you tried some of these?

http://freeviewforum.co.nz/page/adding-prime

DTV Support available here

DTV Solutions Limited,
162 Main Road,
Tawa,
Wellington,
New Zealand

Ph: 644 232 2957
Customer Care Line: 0800 388 765

Please let us know what solutions they provide to help other users with the same Sat-box.

It was suggested by Karina,that while watching PRIME I should press the OK button and go through the list of channels to see if there was another PRIME and low and behold there was another ,one on ch 10 and another at 1000,both have the message running along the bottom,so what now ??? get rid of one??????

Paul said:

DTV Support available here

DTV Solutions Limited,
162 Main Road,
Tawa,
Wellington,
New Zealand

Ph: 644 232 2957
Customer Care Line: 0800 388 765

Please let us know what solutions they provide to help other users with the same Sat-box.

RSS

Connect With Us!

Latest Activity

Aidan replied to Aidan's discussion Dish TV S7070r Query
"Okay thanks, there is no UHF aerial (thus going down this track in the first place) but think…"
6 hours ago
Dish TV Support replied to Leon's discussion dish tv s7080 booking list
"Hey Leon Thanks for letting us know, I will take note of this for our call team in case they…"
6 hours ago
Dish TV Support replied to Aidan's discussion Dish TV S7070r Query
"As Biggles has suggested below, the case might be isolated to the Satellite Dish itself it might be…"
6 hours ago
Leon replied to Leon's discussion dish tv s7080 booking list
"hi just thought id give you an update on my booked recordings list when the list dissapears i have…"
7 hours ago
Biggles replied to Aidan's discussion Dish TV S7070r Query
"Could be many reasons from faulty LNB to finger trouble but why try to get a crappy SD satellite…"
7 hours ago
Aidan replied to Aidan's discussion Dish TV S7070r Query
"Yes, I can definitely get an aerial but why does the $100 satellite receiver not pick up Freeview…"
7 hours ago
Dish TV Support replied to Aidan's discussion Dish TV S7070r Query
"Aiden  Use the Freeview Coverage checker on the website…"
9 hours ago
Dish TV Support replied to Patricia Kaea's discussion SatBox-plus S7080
"Hi Patricia, Maori TV have an on-demand service and you can watch yesterdays performances…"
9 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Bel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service